Monday, January 8, 2024

Jan. 8 Today we leave for Kenya.

 

Ministry Partners,

After breakfast Alfred and Aaron had errands to do before we could leave, which was at 11 o'clock. It was about 4 hours to the boarder and 1 hour to pass through arriving in Kenya at 4 o'clock.

 
 Crossing the boarder from Uganda to Kenya

Then it was 3 hours for us to arrive in Kisumu, Kenya. Tuesday we will meet up with Chaplain Edward in Kisi and visit our first prison.

Watching the fields of rice, corn and other vegetables and of course the rain as we drove away from the boarder made me think of home. But the Tukutuku's (that's what Aaron calls them, 3 wheeled small vehicles that clog up traffic. 

When we arrived in Kisumu, we were all tired, so Alfred hired a motorbike man to take us to a hotel, it was a good idea as then we did not have to drive around trying to find a decent place. My room is okay but the best thing was the very nice young man, Trevor, that helped me with me bag, got my computer connected to the WiFi and then stood for a few minutes to just chat. Of course I steered the conversation to IRM's work in the prisons and in the process I shared the Gospel. He commented that the people of Kenya are religious and that opened the door for me to share with him that religion does not get anyone to heaven. That the Bible says our own works are like filthy rags before God and shared Eph. 2:8&9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast. At that point we were interrupted but I pray the Holy Spirit uses that scripture to bring him to salvation. As we went to eat I saw Trevor again and gave him one of my gospel tracts.  Please pray for him.

We all had Sweet and Sour Pork for dinner and it was very good. I got into a discussion with the restaurant manager and found out he was a Seventh Day Adventist pastor. We had a great chat.

It's 9 o'clock and I need to bathe.

Please pray for us as we as we start the 1st of our 20 prison crusades tomorrow.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you all made it safely to Kenya. Good to have helpful and kind people when you arrive. Praying for Travis to believe what you told him and read what you gave him!!! God bless and virtual hugs!!

    ReplyDelete