Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Jan. 15 Kibos Medium Security Prison

 

Ministry Partners,

Good morning from Kisumu, Kenya. It was a beautiful morning here and although it is not overcast there are clouds in the sky.

 "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21

I was feeling even better today and looking forward to sharing the Gospel again, this time at Kibos Med. Security Prison which is within 30 min. drive.

Most times our breakfast offerings are very basic with no real choices but again today there was a wonderful array to choose from. I try to mostly choose things that provide protein for my day ahead so today I chose granola with yogurt, chicken sausage (it's actually pretty good), beans (just like Pork & Beans but without the pork) and a few potatoes, toast, pineapple, small banana and black tea. I put a few novelty bread items in my zip-lock to save for later although we carry bread for PP&J sandwiches for lunch if anyone wants one.

 
Even in the rain your income for the day must be earned


Today we were to do a crusade the prison and we were scheduled to be there by 1:30pm but as soon as we arrived the downpour started and as we sat in our van and prayed and prayed for God's perfect will but the downpour continued until finally at 2:30 with it still raining the decision was made that the crusade would not take place today since by the time we set up there would not be enough time to do the crusade and be done by their dinner time at 4. Plus, I just could not see having the prisoners sitting on the wet ground as I was told that this prison does not have a covered area. Perhaps we will be able to add it the remaining day that has only one crusade for the day planned. It's hard to believe that we only have 3 more days of ministry to do here in Kenya and that we have completed 47 total crusades. But I am NOT ready to even think about coming home. 
 
We returned to the hotel early and the two gals who have been cleaning my room had not finished so I had the opportunity to due a quick comment and give them tracts. When they looked at them they mentioned sharing them and so I gave them a few more so they could keep one for themselves.
 
It's 4:30 and pouring outside!!!
 
We appreciate your continuing prayer covering.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. A different day than expected but you are feeling better. Sad that you missed the prison visit due to the rain. I hope weather is good and not down pouring rain again.
    We're out of freezing temperatures and hope to drive to Safeway this afternoon to get somethings I need. No bible study yesterday due to weather. Have good remainder of days in Kenya. I look forward to seeing you again. God bless you all in your trip 🙏, Becky

    ReplyDelete