Monday, January 22, 2024

Jan. 22 Sorting and packing

 

Ministry Partners,

Not sure if this was a "typical" Monday morning for the team but I could not help but notice at the 8:30 breakfast table gathering that all three of us were tired, one might expect that after almost 8 weeks of ministry.

Alfred and I worked on finances and balancing the books, it's always a relief for both of us when they balance well. I set aside "Thank You" notes to write tomorrow for those who have helped us. Then began the arduous task of sorting everything in the store room and my room, deciding what to store at Alfred's place and what to bring home, depending on my luggage space. So much stuff have to travel in my bags going both ways like object lessons, cameras, ect. and of course my personal cloths and things. Then there are all the wonderful gifts I am given, not sure everything is going to fit in 2 suitcases this time. Which reminds me I better get back to work.

We the sorting is finally done and there are 2 suitcases to store at Alfred's and everything else fit in my 2 suitcases. I was even able to put my usual carry-on things (things I might need if my suitcase doesn't make it) in one suitcase and some of my briefcase record keeping things in my carry-on so it is not so heavy.

 
Yesterday although the children at the church were not sure about seeing a white person for the first time, they enjoyed their new crochet caps.

Tomorrow and Wednesday should be enjoyable days since I have almost everything done to fly out on Thursday.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you and Alfred took care of what was needed to be done this morning. Enjoy your days next few days left in Uganda. Adorable children with you. 💐

    ReplyDelete