Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Jan. 17 - Kisumu Max and Kisumu Women's Prison

 Ministry Partners,

Today we were scheduled for Kisumu Max and Kisumu Women's Prison, these are prisons I visited a number of years ago. Almost all prisoners comment that they have never heard me speak before.

 “As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you." 2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NIV)

 As we entered the men's prison I was happy to see the covered area full of prisoners, on the left Remand prisoners in street cloths, who have not been to court, and on the right side convicted prisoners in their black and white prison cloths. Those in the choir had on white robes trimmed in yellow and were already leading the other prisoners in singing. In case I have never mentioned it before, there is something so wonderful about men's powerful voices singing praises to the Savior.

Edward Aaron and Alfred did their great job of translating and Alfred doing some teaching in the Discipleship portion. Of course, Alfred's and Aaron's help with the object lessons is essential. I appreciate so much how hard everyone on the team works to see that the gospel and other teachings are concise and clear in every crusade we do. And it was that way with both prisons today.

The men and women were clear in their salvation response as well as forgiveness and apologizing. But the women went the extra bit as they apologized to each other as well as staff. These prisoners have been told that they only make poor choices but every crusade we watch them make three good choices for themselves. They see for themselves that they can make good choices, it's a great beginning.

When we finished with the women today I was able to give out a number of caps. They really are a special gift to the children and mothers, even those who are pregnant.

  

I am always pleased to see them taking notes and following along in their bibles.

Telling each group that we have brought some Bible and Discipleship Booklets always brings applause and then there is the addition of soap this year.

On the way back to the hotel we stopped and picked up some tea for me to take home. But Aaron parked near a vendor selling dresses and I briefly glanced at one but kept on walking. I already made my purchases at the beginning of the trip.

It was a long day today, I was glad to get back to my room, my bed felt so good. Looking forward to tomorrow as we have 2 men's prisons scheduled.

Thank you for praying for us.

That none would be lost,

Arlene


2 comments:

  1. Good day you all had!! I enjoyed hearing about a choir in a prison that was singing gospel music. Thank you Jesus for your help!!!
    It is getting warmer but still ice and snow on the ground. It will hopefully go away more on Thursday. Hugs and blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. What a delight to read your blog. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete