Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Jan. 24 A fun evening with friends

 

Ministry Partners,

I did not get to sleep last night until about 9 as the wind was just the right direction to carry the voice of a m....... call to prayer to my window and although I closed the window I could still hear him. After I finally got to sleep (thanks sleeping aid) the violent rain downpour shook our van just outside my window just enough to set off the alarm at about 4am. I finally drifted off to sleep again but woke at about 7 and  decided to just get up although there was no electricity which lasted until 9 or so.

Alfred and Aaron left to take the van in for some maintenance at 8:30 and did not return until ??????.

My travel suitcases are pretty much packed and just need to be weighed but that will have to wait for Alfred. I need to get my thank you notes written and it is lunch time so I will have the taco I brought home last night from dinner.

Tonight about 20 friends came over to say goodby one of which was the man who heard I was sick last trip and came to pray and prophecy over me and another was the Uganda Commissioner of Prisons. We had a great time and I showed the power point from last years trip so they could actually see what we do in the prisons.       


  “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” —John 13:34-35 (NKJV)   

Well, it's 11 o'clock and time for me to get to bed. 

That none would be lost,

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely send off for you before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you survived the storm. Thankfully you were able to share last year's power point to people. Hope you have a good night sleep 😴 ! Safe travels back home 🏡 ❤️ 🙏 💙 God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete