Saturday, January 20, 2024

Jan. 20 A quiet day at our Uganda hotel house

 

Ministry Partner,

Yesterday was a busy day with our final 2 prison crusades in Kenya and then a 7 1/2 hour drive to return to Kampala, Uganda arriving at 11:30 last night. I was just too exhausted to write the blog.

The owner of the guest house we stayed in last year and this has been wonderful to us and did not rent out the house to someone new but saved it for us until we returned last night from Kenya, so it was like returning home. Even at that late time the lady, Harriet, who looks after us and brings us our meals appeared at the door to welcome us back and ask what we wanted for breakfast today. And at 9 this morning she came with African tea, coffee, plain tea, roll-ups ( a omelet rolled up in a chapati), bananas, fresh pineapple juice.

Alfred and I spent some time going over the finances and other book work and then he left to do some errands. Aaron unloaded the van and took it to be washed while I wrote yesterdays blog and started the one for today.

Alfred returned and as he and Aaron were having dinner, I just had a banana and pineapple juice as I was not hungry and I had a very late lunch. Alfred showed the videos he had made of his ordination and the 80th birthday party he held for me.

It has been a slow day but a restful one for me and as I went through the photos from yesterday, this one just made me smile.

 
This darling little girl loved her pink crochet cap.

 

Tomorrow I have my last crusade of this trip to do as I am speaking in a church. So it's off to bed for me.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Many blessings on you for continued wisdom and power as you finish up your last speaking time, and then eventually make your way home!

    ReplyDelete