Friday, January 12, 2024

Jan. 12 "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17

 

Ministry Partners,

Today the IRM Kenya ministry team has added another member, Bishop Moses arrived last night but I did not see him until breakfast this morning.

The breakfast was similar to others containing lots of local food selections. I opted for pineapple, omelet, wheat toast and cornflakes with cold milk again!   

The ride to Kendege Prison in Kehancha was about an hour and because our van is small Bishop Moses rode with Edward in his car.

 
Chaplain Edward, Chaplain Thomas. Pastor Aaron, Bishop Arlene, Pastor Alfred, Bishop Moses and Chaplain Peter

 

Thomas and Peter are local chaplains for the prison which is a small farm prison. The O.C. that greeted us was a tall fellow and very gracious. He laughed and smiled broadly when I told him I had a gift (2 ties) for him to use when he was not in uniform.

It was a good day although at one point the sun came out and it began to get quite hot. But the men responded to each invitation and even the men preparing their meal, a distance away, stood and responded. A number of men came forward to give their testimony as to how God had worked in their hearts during our time there.

I had noticed at breakfast that my throat was a bit sore but thought perhaps it was from so much preaching but as I finished today and sat down I went to take a drink of water, could not swallow and started choking. By the time I got to the car I new I had picked up a cold and was feeling it all over my body. I have not had a cold in many years but I am trusting the healing power of Jesus and the cold medicine that I brought with me to have me in good shape by tomorrow. I would appreciate your prayers.

Before we left I gave the two chaplains new ties and the woman there a scarf. Then we were off to another prison that was waiting for us but the drive was long and I rested all the way but at one point Bishop Moses decided we would wait and do that prison tomorrow.

The guys found the place to stay where we had stayed before and Alfred got us good rooms and got my computer set up so I could get this blog done.

It's so hard to believe how the days are ticking away and yet there are so many that still need to hear of Jesus's love.

I appreciate your prayers for:

  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • A fresh anointing for the team
  • Favor with all we neet
  • Health for the team
  •  Traveling safety

 That none would be lost,

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. Lord Jesus, You who can command wind and waves to still, dead bodies to rise to life, quicken wombs that are long dead, please rejuvenate this team to new life for the remaining days they have left fulfilling Your plan of salvation for these many, many people in prisons. Give their bodies the physical strength they need, and their spirits the wisdom and power they need also. May it all be done to Your glory! It's all about You, Jesus, it's all about You!

    ReplyDelete