Hope you had an enjoyable day celebrating Thanksgiving with family and/or friends.
I additionally celebrated with Thanksgiving greetings from the IRM co-coordinating team from Africa, Alfred Mupenzi, Pastor Aaron, Pastor Peace and Rev. Chaplin Edward. I am so very thankful for them as individuals and as IRM partners, they each demonstrate such a heart for the Lord and for the ministry and they have put together an amazing schedule for our upcoming trip.
Meanwhile, I have been busy with details from this side of the globe, working on newsletters, the Bibles for Africa Project as well as printed materials to take with me. I am so thankful for Kristin and the gals in the office at Canby Foursquare Church who do so much to help me, editing and mailing out the newsletters as well as doing any bulk printings like the tracts in different languages. Their help makes it possible to complete the very many "behind the scenes" details that need to be done before I go.
It's hard to believe that I leave in just 25 days!!
I have an urgent unspoken prayer request that we need a miracle for before I leave for Africa. I appreciate it if you would hold up this request to the Lord. James 4:2 says,"You do not have because you do not ask God.", so I am asking you to stand with us in continuing to ask God for this very specific miracle, it's clearly one only He can do. I will keep you informed.
That none would be lost,
Monday, November 12, 2018
In about 5 weeks I will be heading to the Great Lakes region of Africa for my 16th time! Due to some unforeseen circumstances our 2018 ministry trip needed to be rescheduled from our usual summer time to later in the year. This years trip is now confirmed for Dec. 18 through Jan. 30, 2019. It will be a special treat for me to be sharing Christmas with my son and African brothers and sisters. On Christmas day we will hold a crusade at Nkozi Prison, now how terrific is that!
Arlene at a women's prison in Kenya
Thanksgiving is upon us and it is another day to thank God and give Him praise as I am reminded of his goodness to me. I have said many times before, no one could be more surprised to be doing what their doing than me. I am blessed and thankful to:
- Have a Savior who not only saved me but opens doors that he then gives me the courage to walk through. A Savior who is ever so patient as He goes before and behind me, giving me grace when I make mistakes.
- Watch the Holy Spirit work in the lives of villagers, prisoners and team members.
- Have partners that see the value in working together for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and support this ministry with their prayers and finances.
- Have African partners that see the value in working together for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and support this ministry by sacrificially giving their time as they not only make preparations for the ministry trip but travel with me during the trip doing whatever needs to be done.
- Open hearts for the Gospel
- That all team members would arrive safely and be ready for ministry on Dec. 18
- Safe flight and in-country travel
- Good health for all team members
- That we would find favor with everyone we meet
That none would be lost,