Saturday, December 9, 2023

Dec. 9 Graduation Day

 Ministry Partners,

Today was a very different kind of day for me as I spoke at Grace International Bible University. I was one of 3 main speakers, two got 25-30 min and I got about 50. 

The church was a good size and about 500 people were there to watch the 22 graduates get their diplomas. 

I was so out of my element for sure with all the other men on the platform in their fancy regalia. God really has a sense of humor taking someone who has never had the opportunity to have formal training and making her one of the main speakers at a Bible school graduation. One of the other speakers, who was seated next to me, was from Tanzania and as I finished and sat down he leaned over and said,"You were the best." Later he made a third request to Alfred about us/IRM going to Tanzania.

It is a small college and only been running since 2017 and there were a variety of degrees including some with their doctorate. Although our bibles and Discipleship booklets go mainly to the prisons we decided ti give each graduate a set. Interesting that students graduating from a bible school don't have a bible of their own. As I handed them a bible and Discipleship booklet I looked them in the eyes and spoke a blessing over each one. At one point after they got their bibles and there were still activities going on I looked over and most of the students were not paying attention but had their bibles open and going through the pages.

 

THANK YOU to those who contributed so we could purchase 4519 bible sets for Uganda and Kenya.

When we finished they had food prepared for everyone there. It was a short ride home and I was a bit tired for sure sense I had been up since about 4. I hope I sleep better tonight as tomorrow is another BIG day with  Bishop John Kamazi, who is the head of Foursquare in Uganda and me speaking at Alfred ordination to become a Foursquare pastor. 

It's currently 8pm and I am ready for a bath and bed.                                                           

Please continue to pray for us.
Blessing to all of you

That none would be lost, 

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. We bless the name of the Lord for using you to bless the people with the word of God. A blessed night Mom and the entire IRM team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love God's sense of humor too! ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭16:7‬ ‭NASB
    God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.!
    https://bible.com/bible/100/1sa.16.7.NASB1995

    ReplyDelete