Thursday, December 14, 2023

Dec. 14 Men prisoners are making good choices

 Ministry Partners,


Kitala Prison

We only had one prison and it was fairly close and not down country, tomorrow we do two. I did not do all the preaching. I decided that since Alfred is now a Foursquare pastor that he would take up the discipleship teaching portion of the crusade. And of coarse, he did a great job!

For the first time in 303 prison crusade The changes in the men's faces as they asked Jesus to be their Savior, prayed forgiveness over someone else or themselves was so powerful today but as they apologized to the other prisoner that they had had a fight or argument with we were able to watch two brother apologize to each other and then hug each other. 

As I have the privilege to watch such a thing  it reminds me of how thankful I am to each of you who partners with me so I can be here and watch the Holy Spirit work.

The Deputy O.C. was a beautiful young woman and she said that the teaching we do helps the prisons run better.

We had a bit of an issue with our sound system today so Aaron had to give it the once over when we got home. He really does a great job at being our with all the heat tech guy.

Today at breakfast I had 1/2 a sm. container of yogurt, pineapple, tea and a small "omelette" rolled in a chapatti which I took 1//2 of and 2 crepes with me in the van to have for lunch. The guys did the same along with their bananas.

We needed to make a quick stop on the way home for Alfred to to an errand so I filled the crepes with peanut butter and jelly. I have never been a big crepe eater but the ones here are really good with a touch of cinnamon. We all enjoyed our lunch today.

Diner tonight was Tilapia with chips which Alfred and I shared because it was so big. We also shared the coleslaw that the chef make special for me, shredded cabbage, diced pineapple and mayo/no vinegar or sugar. At home when i make it I also use a bit of pineapple flavored Greek yogurt but they don't have that here.  It's still yummy.

We heard from Pastor Peace today that that the truck we hired to deliver the bibles and supplies to the prisons had broke down due to a broken shock absorber. Actually, I am surprised that every vehicle here is not in the shop for the same reasons the way the roads are or should I say are not.

A few places we pass have Christmas decorations up and it seems so strange with all the heat which has not been extreme the last few days. Today we saw lots of police activity but not sure what the issue was.

Continue to pray for:

  1. The hearts of the prisoners to be receptive to the Gospel, we are already seeing 100's receiver the free gift of salvation that Jesus offers.
  2. Safety for us as we are on the roads. A woman was walking, crossing in front of our van  and was hit by a motorbike yesterday.

Because of a health issue I usually wake up every 2 hours or so during the night but I must say that the neighbor who lives right next to my side of our house has a dog that is extremely vocal and even the brick wall that is not too high does not contain their dog serenading as he howls most nights and at times sounds like he is strangling and in extreme pain. When he or she does it during the day it's one thing but at night it is a bit. I am not sure how the owners sleep.

I'll close for today, I'm tired and ready for bed.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I have read the past few days today and I hope it continues to get well. Hopefully the dog with be quiet at night. Interesting why someone can't get it taken care of. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that Alfred was able to speak at the prison and people were saved. We are doing ok but a bit tired, both Megan and me. She went through her 2nd chemotherapy quicker than the first one. An answer to prayer!! PTL!!

    ReplyDelete