Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Dec. 20

Ministry Partners,

Goodness our days continue to be ever so interesting.

Alfred's 3 month visa was expiring so he went to renew it on a motorbike as we proceeded to returned to Kampala last night and although they gave him paperwork after he paid $ they told him he would have to go to the boarder and re-enter. So he went to the airport and spoke to immigration there and they ended up keeping his passport and charging him $ then they told him to return there when we return to Kampala on Jan. 5 before we go to Kenya. By the time Alfred returned to the hotel from the airport an hour away it was 3am this morning.


  Not sure if I used this photo before of Alfred, Arlene and Aaron

Aaron and I returned to the hotel and packed up everything that was going to Kenya and stored it in a locked room and then packed up the rest of our things and loaded everything into the van except our personal bags. Aaron took the tire that was attached to the back door that was making noise as we hit the ruts in the road and tied it secure on top. I was glad that they guys took my advise a few days ago and removed the cross seats in the very back as it gave us so much more room.

 At breakfast we all saved half of our omelette roll-ups and all our crepes so we could have them for lunch along with 3.4 of my dinner pizza which in all to rush to get on the road this morning, I forgot in the fridge.

We planned to be on the road at 8 but did not make it until about 8:30 but the 1 1/2 hour drive took more like 3 hours do to traffic jams even on the "freeway". That coupled with the very bad roads where some potholes are as big a a bathtub and the side of the roads have been so chipped away that 2 lanes becomes one and even the single lane has potholes! At one point the two lane became 3 as people were pushing their bumper ahead of ours. If they get their bumper in front of yours then they have the right of way. But at one point the man in front of us moved over to the left and blocked the guy to our left who was trying to create an additional lane. It became so funny that Aaron hollered out the window to the driver who was trying to do something illegal by making t 3rd lane saying, "That guy blocking you just put a stone in your shoe! I could not help but laugh out loud, some of the African sayings are just so true and funny. Aaron does an amazing job of dodging holes the best he can but we are still jostled around.

We had to wait for some time for the prison to allow us in and the Deputy O.C. only wanted to give us an hour as I tried to explain to him the importance of the "Forgiveness" teaching. The Holy Spirit did an AMAZING job helping me cut portions of the crusade to shorten it. When I gave the salvation invitation and the "Forgiveness" one the Deputy O.C. and women guards responded along with the inmates. 

There were 3 babies there whose mothers were thankful for the crochet caps and all the women appreciated the donated scarf they were given.

 As we finished the O.C. appeared and thanked us for coming..Then we headed for the area of tomorrows  prison about an hour and a half drive where Alfred found us a place to stay. We will be here for two nights doing two prisons before we move on. I could not believe it ........ my room has a bathtub. I will have a long soak tonight.

After dinner Alfred and I worked on the financial books and records. I am so thankful for his help.

I am not sure if I can get this posted to fb tonight as the network here is week and the church VPN does not seem to want to work here. 

It is only 7:30 but I feel like it must be at least 10. 😊

I'm off to bath and bed.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment