Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 18 ......

Ministry Partners,

Another beautiful day in Uganda as well as breakfast served in the garden ........ I could get SO used to this, only negative thing is too much food so I will be back to protein drinks when I get home for sure.

We headed back to town center today to do some shopping and go to the  printery to pick up the 1,200 Discipleship Booklets.

Close to where we needed to pick up the booklets was a grassy area covered with vendors so I asked to stop there to see if I could find an authentic dress to wear here and bring home. I took plenty of time as I made it from vendor to vendor to vendor leaving Alfred behind to do his shopping and all the while Aaron watched the van. True to "he" and "she" shopping Alfred stayed put and found his gifts while I actually made it through every vendor before going back to find him. He knows the culture so I wanted his input before I purchased and he can dicker well. Before the day was done I had 3 long dresses and an at home summer dress. (Chad, you would have loved the variety of men's shirts).

Before actually picking up the booklets we had lunch and the salami & cheese sandwiches were a nice change of pace.
Women alongside the road receive a free donated scarf and a Gospel tract

We went to the printery two times before they had our complete order done but it was worth  the wait to not have to deal with the traffic another day and today was a bit more reasonable as it was Saturday. Aaron and I laughed today remembering yesterday when the traffic was so clogged up that one man  got out of his vehicle and tried to direct traffic, of course to no avail.

The need for batteries for the wireless mic and the mic's for the sound system seem to need to be replenished regularly. We were just using 9V in Rwanda but the sound system here needs AA and I had forgotton about that so today we purchased more.

We went for dinner at 6 and had them cut one of the pineapples Alfred picked out at a roadside vender yesterday. I don't have words to express how wonderful the pineapples here are, best I have had anywhere and the perfect ending to my spaghetti w/ minced meat (hamburger) dinner, Alfred had liver & fries!

Appreciate the prayers as due to a change in "things" I need a completely new message for tomorrow instead of the one I prepared so I have no printed notes. It will be an exciting service as the congregation and I find out what the Holy Spirit has for us. Not my preferred way to speak but after the Holy Spirit made it very clear, when I was in Israel at Peter's Primacy two years ago, that I do not need to be afraid to speak when I am caught off guard without time to prepare in my usual method because He will always give me words to share.

Thanks to Pastor James for reminding New Life people to pray ....... we need it and a big thanks to all of you in your faithfulness to pray.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your updates and glad you got some clothes for there and at home. Maybe I'll get to see one of them on you in person in OR! Praying your message goes well and touches people's hearts. Hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete