Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 14 .....

Ministry Partners,

Wow, my last full day in Rwanda, it's hard to believe that 3 weeks of ministry in Rwanda  is over but for the rest of my life I will have memories of events to praise God for. I do not believe in good luck or happenstance because I know my loving Father is the one in control of my days. Only He could orchestrate the daily activities, provide provision and open the doors of opportunity that we have watched happen on this trip. I hope those ministry partners reading this blog get the opportunity some day to come with me, it truly does build ones faith as you are in a position to do nothing but stand still and watch the Savior work on your behalf implementing a plan of His design.

After a breakfast of French Toast w/ peanut butter and honey, pineapple and tea (Alfred also had the half pancakes and an egg) I worked on the blog as Alfred finished the report for RCS (Rwanda Corrections Service). He does a wonderful job of including the photos I pull to a detailed written account of every prison and TIG camp we did ministry in. This time I convinced him to allow me to add a cover page to it and then it was off to the printery, as Alfred calls it, to get two copies printed and bound. One copy for th RCS and one copy for IRM's records.

Alfred sister, Gertrude and a friend accompanied us so that they could go shopping with me to find a traditional dress while Alfred went to the Dentist and got a haircut.

Our regular rental van, driven by Pastor Aaron, went to Uganda with all our suitcases and supplies this morning  and he will pick us up at the airport in Entebbe tomorrow to take us to the guest house in Kampala. It is a guest house with an interesting name ....... Joka's but the young administrator I met there last year who accepted Christ as been communicating with me this last year and is so excited we are coming again.

All that to say that our rental car for the day left a lot to be desired especially for a price of  $100. After leaving Alfred off at the dentist it kept overheating and found us finding different stops to get water/repairs to enable us to continue into town. At one point the car died in the middle of the street and as the driver was having a heated conversation with some men from some following vehicles our vehicle began to move forward and to the side of the highway. As I turned around and looked out the back window, there they were, three men pushing us. Once we were at the side of the road the driver kept trying to start the car to no avail. Finally, using the key/starter the driver kept using it to move us bit by bit back into traffic to make use of the downhill grade the as we got rolling he put the car, a stick shift, into gear and .......... we were once again off for town.

We went to a depressed slum that was a Muslim area as we were told we could find a lot of African traditional wear amongst some Muslim wear. I found a beautiful blue/purple, gold embroidered traditional dress and the girls said it was gorgeousness on me but it was far too expensive so I left without it, perhaps I can find one in Uganda.

But as we walked through the streets it was my first time in thirteen trips that a was MORE than aware that I was not really welcome but only tolerated perhaps providing some frws from a sale. The broad smiles and welcoming faces I am so accustomed to were non resistant. I am sad for a group that does not know the love of the true Savior of the world and the joy that brings to ones life.

Alfred met us at Chea Robert for a buffet dinner and a time of sweet fellowship. Gertrude said that in a few weeks she will began English classes. If God brings me back next year it will be wonderful to be able to just sit and chat one on one with her.

After returning to Moucecore I finished the brief packing of my carry-on luggage and got this blog ready for posting, my next post will be from Uganda.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment