Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 13 ......

Ministry Partners,

Today, although we had our last village crusade it was in the afternoon so we were able to have a relaxed  8am breakfast and get a few more errands done with all of them being in the same direction as the crusade.

You would have to be here to understand the road system. Because Kigali is built on hills the streets do not run in a "tic tack toe" grid but rather in a maze so unless you want to keep going past and around your previous route it helps to coordinate tasks that are in the same direction.

We loaded all our equipment and Chad's luggage into the van along with our lunch box/bag as we would not be returning to Moucecore Guest House until after the crusade. We stopped to renew an acquaintance I had not seen in a few years before stopping by the open market one final time. I would guess it was a good thing as everyone ended up purchasing a few things.  ,

Then up the rutted, curvy, steep hill it was, a journey of about an hour. It was our final "African massage" so to speak ......... you just had to be with us.

Arlene with Pastor Innocent and his wife

As we arrived everyone was singing and it was evident that Pastor Innocent and his wife had made a  lot of preparations for the outside event. Poles were erected and tarp awnings were up and on  most of the floor area under the covering. Women in their fancy traditional ceremonial dress were at every entrance from the road. They had a sound system and keyboard so we did not have to unload ours although I still used the headset Mike, from the church picked out for me. It has worked well and I love not having to hold a mic when I am preaching.

Pastor Innocent had invited pastors from other churches and only a few there responded that they had heard me speak when I was at Innocents a few Sundays earlier. There was a tall young woman dressed in black who sang a couple of songs and she did an amazing job, there was also a young man who sang. After the crusade and discipleship time ending with a forgiveness message Chad shared his testimony, a powerful one if you have never heard it.

A thank you gift of new jewelry
As I finished the women leaders stood and said they had a gift for me ...... a lovely silver neckless and earring set which I proudly modeled to the claps and cheers of the assembled group. Then an elderly woman stood and said she had a gift for me because the Sunday I spoke at Innocents church I had given her a Bible. The large, well used blue basket, with lid, was filled with peanuts, can you imagine ........ I was so reminded of the widow's mite who gave all she had. This old woman had done the same, a basket she was using filled with harvested peanuts from her small plot of land. I took the lid off of the basket, peered inside and rubbed my tummy saying "Yummmm" as the crowd once again clapped and cheered. The team will eat the peanuts but the basket I will treasure, watch for it on my display table!!!!!

But this was also a sad day as team person Chad went to the airport in the evening to catch his flight back to America. We certainly were blessed to have him on the team and he gave me a special blessing as I am have been typing this blog post on his computer. After having difficulties trying to use my old computer he loaned me his to finish using here and take to Uganda. If you enjoy these posts and you know Chad tell him thanks. THANKS CHAD!!!!!

That none would be lost,
Arlene
p.s.
I texted Chad this morning and he was in Amsterdam waiting for his plane. He said the suitcase full of my gifts, received and to give, that he was taking to America with him was 1 klg over but the agent let it go without extra charges. Thanks Lord for another blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment