Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 12,

Ministry Partners,

It's Sunday and it has been another busy day in Rwanda.

Because the Pentecostal church I spoke in today was almost 1 1/2 hours away and church started at 8am that meant a very early wake-up call for the team with breakfast at 6.

Alfred's sister, Gertrude, and her husband, Darius, accompanied us to church. I so wish I could speak Kinyarwanda so I could chat with her, she has such a sweet spirit. The church has 3 services with the last one being French and English and ending at 3pm. Although my throat has scratchie and sore the Lord enabled me to speak with clarity and praise His name more souls were added to the Lambs Book or Life.

The ADPER Pentecostal Church leadership & the IRM team


After the second service the church leadership provided me with a beautiful basket as a thank you and then took all of us out to a delicious lunch. Then it was time for the long drive home arriving just in time to clean up and dress up for our "Thank You" dinner, a time to thank all of those who have actually worked with us during this trip. Tonight was our annual dress up fancy dinner so I dressed in traditional wear, color blue, with the drape fabric covered with small gold elephants. The fashions here are so comfortable and colorful ......... I like them.

Alfred always asks me to share for a few minutes and it ALWAYS brings me to tears as I share a few of the particular times when I watched God do a miracle on behalf of the team and IRM, tonight was no different.   Then it was time for our delicious Rwandan buffet, aside from regular fair, the large whole steamed Nile Perch was awesome,  presented beautifully and delicious to boot!

After dinner it was the time to present each team member with a Certificate of Appreciation and gift followed by the men receiving 2 new ties and the woman picked a beautiful shawl and received a broach/pin (all gifts were donated by you my generous ministry partners. Thank you!). Then many of the partners presented the IRM leadership and team with traditional gifts.

It was a wonderful evening but it is so very hard to say goodby to these dear partner/friends as I am never sure God will bring me back next year or what His plan is for me.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment