Friday, July 17, 2015

July 16 .......

Ministry Partners,

Good morning Kampala are words I spoke this morning as I awoke, a good bed and no divot in the middle. Breakfast was served in the cool garden area, such a good way to start the day before starting the day.

Aaron took the car for repairs as the ones done in Rwanda to the brakes were not correct. Let me see .....brakes, hole in the radiator and a third thing that I cannot remember now but when I heard I told Aaron that what he was really  telling me was that the only thing that was still working were the tires to which we both laughed.

All four people in the IRM fb page made it by my room to say hello and give me a hug. It was so good to see them again. I thing Julius put out the word that I was here. He so blessed me this morning as he came to my room with a gift made by his wife for my 71st birthday, an absolutely gorgeous multicolored braided mat. All that work, what a treasure. 

We had numerous errands to do today but Pastor Geoffrey called and said that we needed to meet him at the Commissioners office in the city. I have tried to explain the traffic here but it is really so bizarre that there are no words. Two lanes of travel in different directions becomes 4 and sometimes 5 with motorbikes and bicycles going any direction they want including crosswise. Just pick a spot any spot and claim it .... it's then yours, roads, intersections and if need be sidewalks. At one point we were stopped when the car on the right turned on his left blinker and put his headlight an inch from our right headlight indicating he wanted us to not move forward but let him have our spot. OK but the car on the left had turned on his right blinker and edged his right headlight into our left one also wanting our spot. Then a motorbike came along side easing between our almost touching headlights and crossing our radiator, yep you got it, for that second he won the narrow space available.
Today the traffic was so jammed that a 20 min journey took us over 2 1/2 hours and that was only one way!

Aaron had to call the mechanic to come a make more repairs as we went to the Commissioners office. Mary welcomed us into her office with a huge smile and although she did not approve the three large prisons that I wanted to go to she did give us three small ones so we were still approved for a total of 8. She is sending me, once again, to prisons where no one else goes. Can you imagine being able to share the Gospel with those who have never heard, I can't wait. Yahoo!!!!

Alfred went to the back to change money as we could not even buy a loaf of bread to make PP&J sandwiches for lunch.

The day was almost gone but we thought we would try and make it to the Uganda Bible Society which we did and were able to pick out our Bibles and hire a pickup to deliver them to a store room where we are staying all with Pastor Geoffrey in tow.

With the traffic it was late when we got back and we were so ready to eat as we had not had anything since our early breakfast.

Soaking in the tub of hot water was the perfect ending to a busy and eventful day filled with God's provisions in so many ways.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment