Sunday, July 10, 2022

JULY 10 - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Ministry Partners,

Well now this was an interesting day for sure. It is so amazing the was God works behind the scenes when you think everything has gone a upside down.

Last night we were told that due to Chaplain having to be at an area wide Chaplains meeting that Chaplain Edward would not be with us for the drive to Kitale for a crusade at the men’s prison there but Bishop Moses would meet us there. But this morning at breakfast Edward told us something had come up and Bishop Moses called early this morning to tell him that he would not be able to meet us. Edward told us to go ahead and drive to Kitale to the hotel but we would not be doing a crusade due to all the chaplains being at the same meeting he had to be at.

We had a lengthy discussion and Edward made some calls telling us that some chaplains that were in training were willing to meet us at Kitale Main Prison and take us in. Edward said he would meet us later today at the hotel in Kitale. So we were off on a 2+ hour drive to the prison. I was so thankful Edward had found a way for us to do the crusade today.

I must tell you, the in-training chaplain’s, Christopher and the other chaplain, were wonderful. What fine young men they are and they were right on top of everything as we did our program for about 1,200 men. I could have not been more pleased, as we had finished and were standing outside the men’s prison, when I was asked if I would be interested in going to the women’s prison which was close and having a crusade there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Of course, I would love to do that and off we went to the women’s area.

As the guys were setting up I was busy greeting some of the 76 women prisoners, some with beautiful babies who actually let me touch them without crying. Seeing a musungu (white person) for the first time can be frightening. One prisoner had a set of beautiful girl twins that were very tiny, she was gracious as she let me kiss each one on the forehead. As I was greeting the prisoners the officer who was in charge came over to me and introduced herself to me, oh my goodness, it was Chaplain Edwards wife! What a sweet lady, and so welcoming to us. 


 Bibles, Booklets, tissue and caps

After the crusade we gave the mothers the crouched caps for their children and it is so cute the children who are old enough reach right out and choose the one they want before the mom does.

God knew my heart and the desire of my heart today, like most days, was to be sharing the Gospel and He allowed me to do that.

Then we were off to stay at a hotel where we had stayed during a previous trip. Aaron has learned well from Alfred as they wanted $100 for each room but Aaron got them for $75. We ordered BBQ Beef ribs for dinner, mine with steamed veggies and potato wedges and Aaron ‘s with veggie rice. It was a good meal.

I am getting good reports about today. It appears that many of the men were crying after I left. One leader said  a business partner cheated him out on 3,000,000 shillings but today he forgave him.

Each prison official asked us a number of times to please return and told us we were so very welcome.

Thank you for praying that we would find favor with those we meet for your prayers are being answered with a yes.

After meeting Chaplain Edward’s sweet wife today, I had the idea and wanted to bless both of them so when Edward got to the hotel tonight I told him I wanted to bless him and I was releasing him to take the evening off and go spend the evening with his wife and children tonight since they live in the town we are in and then meet up with us in the morning.

Tomorrow we have 2 prison crusades to do, please pray for open hearts for the gospel.

Thank you so much for your partnership with us.

Eph. 3:16-19 "I pray that out of his glorious riches, he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, my have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know his love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Thanks Sally

That none would be lost,

Arlene

3 comments:

  1. We have a good friend here in Fall River, from Kenya. She loves the Lord and I teach her two kids piano lessons. She hopes to go home to Kenya in August. Praising the Lord for the doors He opens for you, even unexpected ones. I'm so glad the Scripture was encouraging to you! Praying for you, even in the night as I couldn't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to read what a good day you had and helpful chaplains when needed. I have talked with people who used to live in India that now live in Oregon or Canada when I am taking orders at work. Nice people and mostly help them through things in foods that are not able to eat due to dairy items. I actually talked with one man who lived in India that I supported children in India in and he said he was happy about that and he has supported children as well. I enjoy talking to people about life and faith at times at work. Hugs and continued prayers for your sharing God's love and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for open doors, traveling mercies and a fresh anointing for you and the entire team. You're such a blessing. So thrilling to read your blog posts and see what the Lord is doing. We're praying that many will come to a saving knowledge of and personal relationship with Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete