Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1st

Ministry Partners,
Today, I open this blog in an effort to keep you informed of the final U.S. preparations for our 2017 IRM ministry trip to the Great Lakes Region of Africa as well as our daily (if I can) events while the team is involved in ministry there.

I must tell you that I feel blessed that God has called us there for our 15th time. I fly out on May 4th and will return on June 8th.
A VERY big "Thank You" to those from New Life Church who do so much to help get everything ready to go. From Mike, the computer master, to Kristin, the New Life office staff and volunteers who have helped me create documents and done SO much printing, ect.
Because of God's leading and your generous support the IRM fiscal budget was met and additional funds were then put into the Africa Bible Project. We minister as God's Ambassadors and yours in sharing the Gospel in villages and prisons.
This year we will not only be ministering during the daytime but late into some evenings as we received two solar or electric projector/equipment backpacks (1 for Uganda & 1 for Kenya, in their languages) from the Jesus Film Project and will try to show it, after dark, as many times as possible.

A couple of important things:
  • This blog was created for the benefit of IRM ministry partners and friends. If you are not a partner/friend or have not been approved to view this blog please find something else to occupy your time and treat my request with respect.
  • Because of our rigorous daytime schedule and now showing the Jesus Film at night along with internet issues I might not be able to post on this blog as much as I have in past years. I would appreciate some "grace" with misspelled words or sentences that don't seem to make sense except to my mind, coming in from a very long day.
  • Please comment on the blog rather then fb if you have a minute. It's such an encouragement to us after a long day ....... longer day ..... and even longer day!
Please pray for:
  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • Favor with everyone we come in contact with 
  • New unscheduled opportunities
  • Traveling safety - flights and in country
  • That ALL 5 pieces of my luggage would arrive at the same time I do
  • Health and energy for the complete team
That none would be lost,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. I will put you on my prayer list for travel mercies and health and may God bless you and your team in many ways. I'm up late but it's quiet and am catching up a bit before I head for bed. Take care, my friend. I look forward to your posts and your return home to America. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for the prayers and love. See you when I get back. A

      Delete