Sunday, May 28, 2017

May 28

Ministry Partners,


It is Sunday in Kampala and it was a bit cloudy today so I had hoped it would not be so hot like it was yesterday.

Sunday, the Lords day, and a day for me to speak in two churches after having a late breakfast.

The first church was Steven's church, Steven has been a friend of Alfred's for some time and although it was small we had a wonderful time of worship and the the Holy Spirit brought many to salvation and many to the decision to forgive. Because the church was small we were able to give all the adults who did not have a bible a bible set and those who had bibles a Discipleship Booklet. 

We finished about 2pm and then it was time to go back to our hotel where Pastor Cornelius was waiting for us to take us to one of his new village church plants. Pastor Cornelius and I have been friends since 2006 were I met him in Nsinda Prison, Rwanda. He was the leader of all the incarcerated pastors and I worked with hm for about 5 years. They found him innocent at his trial although they had incarcerated him for 5 1/2 years. He told me he was not bitter as God had sent him there to preach the Gospel.

It took some time over VERY rough roads paths to get to the small packed church but we could hear their wonderful singing as we arrived. We met the new pastor and there were village dignitaries and pastors from other churches in the area, it was such a packed church that many were outside listening by the doorway as I shared.

These dear people have so little and yet after I spoke Pastor Cornelius wrote out his talk in English and then spoke about our friendship. then Alfred and I were each gifted with a BEAUTIFUL purse of our choosing made by the women of the church. There was such a beautiful variety that it was hard to choose, the ladies did beautiful work.

We did not have enough bibles for everyone so we told the villagers we would leave them for the pastor to distribute.

Then it was photo time and time to say goodbye but not before the pastor appeared and said "Wait. I want to bless you, I have sent someone for a chicken I want to give you." Well, because of the  previous "jacket" issue I knew how to handle it. I asked the pastor if the chicken was really mine could I do with it what I choose? He responded "yes" so I said I choose to give it to him. He smiled so big that it turned into a laugh. When a young boy arrived with the chicken I told him I was giving it to the pastor. WHAT FUN!

The gift of a chicken!

On the way home we stopped for dinner as the food where we stay leaves a lot to be desired.

Tomorrow is a day to get our finances in order and sort supplies as some will stay here and some will go with us to Kenya. 

I was happy it did not get as hot here today which meant I did not have to deal with a headache later today.

I will get to bed earlier tonight and I'm ready.

It’s so true the true love of God pushes back the darkness, we saw it today. Blessings on you each one and thank you for praying for us. 



That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment