Saturday, May 6, 2017

May 6 -



Ministry Partners,
I have arrived in Entebbe Uganda, safe, sound and I must say a bit tired from the 12 hour second flight of this part of the journey.
Alfred, my son and IRM Vice-President along with IRM partner Pastor Aaron picked me up at the airport last night at about 11:30.  I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to see them and get their huge hugs. The last leg from Amsterdam of 12 hours in the plane seemed especially long.

I just love the way God puts people in our lives. As I waited to board the plane in Amsterdam a young African man came and sat a seat away from me . I greeted him and found he spoke very good English which made it easy to engage him in conversation. He said he was a student at a college in Tennessee but going home to Uganda for a visit. When I asked where he lived in Uganda he responded, "in Gulu". Imagine his surprise when I told him IRM would be in Gulu a few weeks from now for a few days doing ministry. He wanted Alfred to will call him tonight and tell him exactly where we will be holding the village crusade so he can invite the people to come from his church at tomorrow's services.


Last night we arrived at our hotel at about 12:30am. Alfred and Aaron both kept commenting on the light traffic. Alfred had contacted them two weeks ago so they would be ready for us but my bedroom had no light overhead, the only light, there was no toilet seat on the toilet and no hot water but Alfred fixed the light after getting one from the next room that was vacant.
The night seemed short yet at 9:00am we were having breakfast followed by setting off to town for different errands:

  • Changing money
  • Ensuring that we have internet in order to constantly update the IRM blog and Facebook page
  • Picking up the pastors arriving from  tomorrows Coronation
  • Buying supplies like water, bread and jelly, the supplies for IRM lunches. I brought American Peanut Butter for the traditional IRM lunch.(smilie face!!!)
 I still had suitcases to sort after arriving back at the hotel before our dinner of Tilapia, whole, and chips. Alfred said tomorrow we needed to pick up some American ketchup as the thickened, red, sweetened stuff here is quite different for sure.

We did some book work and then Alfred and Aaron went to check on the Rwanda pastors who arrived earlier today for the festivities tomorrow.

I am trying to stay busy as I do not want to go to bed too early and then be awake at 2am. It will take me a few days to get over the jet lag.
It is so nice to be so warmly greeted by the staff that are still here since our last trip.

We appreciate your continuing prayers.

That none would be lost,
Arlene  

No comments:

Post a Comment