Saturday, May 20, 2017

May 19



The first prison today was a women's prison and the women (100+) were already gathered and singing when we arrived. But it was going to be an impact day for the ladies and for me. I just love sharing especially with women as although our skin is a different color we are just women, women that struggle with the same issues, the same hurts. I taught my same basic crusade message but as I did I could a sense the same hardness, a closed-ness that I had felt at the men's prison. Such beautiful women of every age and many babies & very young children. I was disappointed as there were over 10 and I only had 8 of the handmade caps so I was not able to hand any out.

At the invitation many stood but many more stayed seated, then I did a discipleship teaching time about who those new believers were (a child of King Jesus) followed by my the teaching on forgiveness at which one prisoner wept loudly as she prayer through her tears. But the Holy Spirit would not release me to leave as we packed up to go and He led me to do something I have never done right before leaving. I gave a send alter call and the women began coming forward, and more, and more ……. I was crying with then.
After we handed out bibles and booklets it was time to say good-by and drive the short distance to a small men's prison. I will not write much but the Spirit of God worked in the hearts of the men. Praise His name!!

As we were about to leave I saw a elderly woman sitting on a stump outside. I grabbed a tract and scarf and was so very surprised when I sat down on the stump net to her that she spoke very good English. I was thrilled and we had a good chat.


I am still struggling a bit but doing ever so much better. Thank you for your prayers.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment