Wednesday, May 10, 2017



Ministry Partners,
Like I said before I did not leave the rain in Oregon, the storm last night made me glad in was warm in my bed. The thunder and lightning clapped so loud at one point I actually screamed. I thought of the street merchants that do business at night here (so they don’t have to pay taxes) and they would not be doing any business but hoped they found good shelter. The rain pounded on the tile outside my window so hard that this morning instead of everything be “washed” clean it was the opposite. The red dirt dust had turned to mud everywhere. The boys that clean had quite a job making all the tile took sparkling clean again.
Rain does not deter the street merchants
 Some supplies we ordered were delivered this morning and we were busy loading the van with a few boxes and booklets, our sound system and the other supplies we would need today. We then had a very quick breakfast as Alfred found out that we needed to be at the prison at 10 and it was a 1 ½ hr. drive. Of course this busy morning would be a first in all my trips, a first for me to lock my keys in my room.  They had to call the manager at home to come and open the door but when he arrived he found that the master key from my room was gone! 
This manager is quite something as he asked where I thought I left the key and I said on my bed. We looked in the open but grilled window and there was the key was visible on my bed. He went and got a very long metal pole and fixed a nail hook on the end. He put the pole thru the grate and in a few minutes he hooked my key, pulled it out and placed it in my hands. I WILL be more careful!

Due to road construction and washed out roads it took us much longer to get to the prison than we planned and we arrived not at 10 but at 11:30. Today was our first day for prison ministry and today’s prison really had two prisons on one prison property. It was a busy day as I spoke to the Men’s Prison first and then we loaded up and went to the Women’s Prison where I spoke. It was a total of about 51/2 – 6 hours preaching and I was tired as we drove home.
The prisons were as different as day and night although we were graciously welcomed by both. At the men’s prison we competed with another group that were having their prayer time not too far. I wished they had chosen to come and hear the message of love my savior offers. We watched the Holy Spirit bring many to salvation and many more made the decision to forgive. Watching Him work in the hearts of those murders both men and women in those maximum security prisons causes me to give Him praise.  

The drive home went much quicker as things had dried out and traffic was lighter, well, lighter for here but it only took us 1 ½ hours.
We had not even had time for our peanut butter sandwich for lunch so we all gobbled down our dinner I felt sorry for Aaron who realized that he had locked himself out of his room. We are both thankful that tomorrow is a NEW day.

We are leaving ourselves a little extra travel time tomorrow as we need to be at our third prison at 11.

Once again pray for:
  • Open hearts for the Gospel and the message of Forgiveness 
  • That we would find favor with those we meet 
  • Travel safety 
  • Health and renewed energy for the team
That none would be lost,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, I've been following your blog and praying for you and the team as you minister. May the Lord continue to go before and prepare the way!

    ReplyDelete