Saturday, May 20, 2017

May 20



May 20 –

Today after breakfast we headed into town where I was the speaker for a 10am – 2pm conference being held by the International School of Christian Growth where Pastor Gerald is president. This school is a branch of the main school in Kampala. There was a wide age range of 300 adults both pastors and lay people. I had been told by Gerald the many churches in the area were squabbling with each other and with-in the church so I dealt strongly with the subject of forgiveness. People want to be right, to get their way rather than forgive but they don’t realize the by not forgiving they keep themselves in bondage. As I challenged the women to forgive the man that raped them as a young girl I observed women crying as they listened to me.

Almost everyone in the room stood to pray the prayer of forgiveness and many gave testimony as to taking the step to forgive. After we finished one young man came up to me and said he wanted to meet with his pastor & wife that were there, as there was a difficulty between them. I asked Pastor Gerald to facilitate that meeting. 

We arrived back at home base in time for a late IRM lunch and then the guys and Peace went back into town as there is an issue with everyone’s SIM card needing to be registered. They could not do the one for the my Mobil Hot Spot so it will have to wait until we get back to Kampala. I am using Alfred's phone to connect to the internet so I can get this post off to you.

Tonight I spoke at an open air crusade with 2,000 to 2,500  in attendance. When I got to the part about the teaching on "Forgiveness" and gave the call for those who wanted to forgive someone else or themselves ......... the place irrupted with at least 2,000 raising their hands. The young man who was interpreting for me (neither Alfred or Aaron speak Acholi) said later that he saw something in the crowd that he had never seen before. As people raised both hands, praying and speaking forgiveness there was considerable Demonic activity as the Holy spirit was setting people free from unforgiveness, bitterness and resentment. I really don't have words to explain the evening other than to say "POWERFUL!!!!!"
Gulu Crusade
Tomorrow I have two speak at two morning church services beginning at 7am followed by a stop by two churches just to thank them for their efforts in helping with everything since we have been here. Then we travel to Kampala, so I may not get a post done tomorrow. I feel sorry to leave this residence as it has been so clean, nice, with good food AND reasonable -  a wonderful combination.

I am a "bit" tired so I appreciate your continuing prayers for me and for our travel. I am recouping well and feel I am at about 90% recovered from the Malaria.


That none would be lost,
Arlene


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read 2 of your reports today. Thankful you're feeling much better and still strong in the Lord's work. Amazing grace. Unending love. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to read 2 of your reports today. Thankful you're feeling much better and still strong in the Lord's work. Amazing grace. Unending love. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete