Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23 – I’m home


Ministry Partners,

I arrived home last night about 10:15, thanks, Fran & Holly for picking me up at the airport. Jesus answered my prayer yes as my neighbors were home so I was able to pick up my extra house key from them and I did not have to call a Lock Smith.

Today as I looked through some photos taken on the July 21st, my last day in Uganda, there was this photo that really is so typical of the culture and sights of Uganda. Side by side roadside vendors include, left to right:
Housewares, Unisex Salon, Butcher, Veg. Market & Fast food Samoas and Pepsi
Note: Butcher offers - Beef, Hooves, Offals (intestines), Minced (ground) meat, Bones & Ect. (???)

And this photo illustrates the joy of these new believers who each received a copy of God's Word and a Discipleship Booklet. 
1 village woman, 2 former Muslim's who now know the true Savior, Arlene & 1 room maid

I haven’t had time to really reflect on the trip as of yet but I can tell you that I have memories that will last a lifetime of God’s faithfulness, grace and downright love for me, a daughter of the King.
 

As of this year I have been a Christian 50 years and each year keeps getting better. I learn more about God’s love and grace for me and I am thankful He keeps working on my character. I get in the way sometimes when I worry about circumstances that are out of my control but you would think after 50 years I’d know better …… I am still learning! I guess that’s why I identify with the scripture “help though my unbelief.”


Each example of worrisome circumstances beyond my control were times where the Savior was always there to rescue me, just like He did Peter. And through it He was providing me another opportunity to grow in faith in Him for the NEXT time those circumstances come I will be able to trust Him without any hidden worry.


He really does open doors no man can shut and shut doors no man can open. So very MANY times this trip He not only gave me and the team the opportunity to watch Him do the impossible sometimes He allowed us to be a part of it. Can you imagine pastors weeping as they stand and participate in the Forgiveness Prayer, forgiving others and forgiving themselves? We watched that happen over and over again with them telling us that they have never heard such a message.


I do not know what tomorrow or next year will bring for me or IRM BUT I do know my Savior still has a great plan for my life and IRM so I am excited to see glimpses of what that plan looks like as the months go forward.


I have been able to do what I do because of God’s leading and your prayer and financial support so let me make it clear how much I appreciate each one of you. Thank you warriors for standing with me, your prayers matter so much and your generous giving make it possible for me to go. Your giving also makes it possible for me to get Bible sets into the hands of those who are so desperate for the written Word of God.

THANK YOU 
AND 
BLESSINGS UPON YOU!!!

That none would be lost,
Arlene

1 comment:

  1. so glad you are home. It's amazing how one grows in the Lord...if they work at it, and listen to his voice,,,,study and share Him with others. Thanks for sharing your journey, Arlene. You are an inspiration to me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete