Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1 - Gideon

Ministry Partners,

I want to make you aware of a part of this journey that began in January. The women's group at New Life in Canby was doing a study on Gideon and I think it was just for me.

As God peeled away Gideon's army so he did mine. I had 25 ask for applications and six were approved but by May 1st. those 6 had been trimmed away. During one of the video lessons the teacher said something that in the last few days the Holy Spirit has reminded me of. I am sure I cannot write exactly what she said but I will relate what the Holy Spirit said to me through her teaching.

It was that as Gideon and his warriors surrounded that huge apposing army, the army, the opposition, was so huge that  Gideon's men had to be so strung out around the camp his soldiers were such a distance from each other and in such darkness .....  they could not see each other. Nevertheless Gideon's army WAS there and united in battle although their weapons were very out of the ordinary, to say the least!!!

It was a comfort that the Lord gave me, reminding me that although it "appeared" I was going into battle without any warriors like He had provided the last few years He had provided me a huge army of prayer warriors who would stand firm with me for this 6 week battle and just as He was with Gideon I have never doubted for a second that He is going before and behind me. These events just cause me to give God praise for I know this is only to get my focus off of the battle, what God has called me to do in Uganda. I am so excited to get there and watch what the Savior is going to do.

Since Jan. I have been giving God praise at every twist in this journey to battle and what I would see Him do during these 6 weeks. The hand of God and his love for me has never been more evident than in the last couple of days. Gideon and his army were triumphant as they fought the battle God called each one of them to fight with His tools and we will also be triumphant. Right now the only battle tools I have are the scriptures that God has planted deep in my heart.

I am so thankful for the warrior army, using their weapon of prayer, that God has provided for me ......YOU. Just like God hand picked Gideon's army so he has hand picked each one of you and when I say "Thank You" for your faithful prayers those are not empty words but words spoken from my heart to each of you.

I appreciate your words of encouragement so very much, they are a reminder that even in the darkness of the last two days that you are standing there with me.

It is almost 7pm and Alfred and Philbert have not returned as yet. I will post when I know something and the internet is up, the modem has run out of minutes.

To my warrior army......"THANK YOU"!!!!

That none would be lost.

Arlene

3 comments:

  1. We are silent, but we are prayerful. God's blessings on you. as you continue this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updates and your courage and faith in the Lord to travel great distance to share His word to many people. Continued prayers, my sweet friend in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete