Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 2 - Indeed, God went before us

Ministry Warriors,


The street youth  relayed the events of the snatch to the undercover officers but would not reveal exactly who it was. It is evidence of the tight bound between these street youth. It was very clear that it was one of their group and when faced with a reward or keeping their bond .....gang membership (fear of retaliation) won out. They said the thief immediately took the phone and money and threw the rest away, ie my pack, passport, IRM business cards and makeup.

 When the guys got back we blocked the phone and stopped service on it before we all went for pizza so it made for a late night and after a very early wake up I was a bit anxious to get to the Embassy today. Although I still must pay the monthly fees at least the phone is unusable.

Philbert, the team van driver, is such a kind man. He knew yesterday that as we were dealing with the police that I had also made a stop trying to find a new pack so I would have something for my waist to carry my Ten's unit for travel but I had no luck. Today when he came to pick me up he brought a new one he said was his and he wanted me to have it. I am fortunate to still have my Ten's unit and the new camera that was a gift to me from a dear friend. I had been keeping them in my pack but as I got ready the day of the theft the Holy Spirit had put it in my heart to remove them.

We were praising God for whatever the day would bring as we ate our breakfast.......leftover pizza, but asking the He would go before us and provide the kind of miracle only He can provide.

We arrived about 10 minutes early so we were asked to wait outside until the 8 am appointment. We entered the outside security a second time at exactly 8am and after going through a brif security check we were approved to take the short outside walk to the correct office concerning passports. Upon entering we took a seat for a few moments until the security officer, seated at the desk, told us to approach the second glassed window and ring the buzzer. A very tall Rwandan approached the glass from the inside office and asked for our paperwork from the police and then promptly told us to take one of the seats and gave me two pieces of paperwork to fill out.

Not quite sure what my issue was but I told Alfred how nervous I was. My stomach was in such a knot and I felt like I was in panic/flight mode. I filled out all the paperwork I could but could not remember exactly where my parents were born although I remembered their birth dates and other relevant info.

We returned to the glassed window and slid my paperwork under the window through a narrow slot. The lady said it would be $130 dollars and at least 10 to 14 days before I received my passport!!! I told her I was to fly out tomorrow for Uganda and was there any way I could get some kind of emergency papers so I could fly out. Her response was the answer we and all of you warriors have been praying for.

She said I could get an emergency passport, good for only one year, I would need to get a regular passport before the year was up and the emergency passport would be ready for me to return and pick up in 2 HOURS !!!!!!!!   Forty-five minutes from the time we entered the Embassy we left and as we were standing outside waiting for Philbert to pick us up I could not contain the tears as I gave God praise for His faithfulness to me. A wave of His favor flooded my spirit and I literally felt like a 150# weight had been removed from my chest.

We returned to the guesthouse so I could finish packing and at 11 am we returned to the Embassy. I was thankful for the paper slip the lady had given me early as it allowed me to enter the Embassy again.
We returned to the same office again and when I buzzed for help at the same glass window a white skinned woman appeared. She asked me to raise my right hand and swear that the answers I had given on my paperwork were the truth ..... I happily did. I was so happy to see that beautiful blue passport slide under the window and was then instructed to look it over and make sure all th info was correct, it was.

Before leaving I asked the woman what would I have done as an American if Alfred had not been with me and secured an appointment over the Embassy web site and if all my money was stolen and I had no way to pay for the new passport. I received information I pray I never have to use for myself or any teammate. She gave me a card and said I would need to come to the Embassy and ask, not for the Security people but for the U.S. Marines that have a unit there. The Marines would then call the Embassy officials, who are on 24 hr. call, and they would assist me. SUCH VALUABLE INFORMATION!!!!!!!

I went back to the guest house and we loaded all the supplies that needed to stay at the office, taking them there was the final bit of IRM business for the day.


 We waved the traditional Peanut Butter sandwich and everyone went for a celebration buffet lunch.
Something that should have taken 2 to 4 weeks God did for his daughter in one morning. Do I feel loved and special daughter of the KING, princess that I am ........YEP, YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT.

Commissioner Dativa had heard about the theft and called me today to check on me. So many of the Rwandan warrior partners have also called to check on the progress of my getting a new passport as they too have also been praying. 

We finished a few personal errands and I returned to the guest house, it's now 5:30. After dinner tonight I can tell you I will sleep VERY well in preparation for my 9am flight.

Thank you dear warriors for your prayers that were answered in an amazing way today.PLease contine to pray concerning the remaining 3 weeks of ministry.


Along with you, I am praising God for his goodness and for you.

Arlene

3 comments:

  1. What lovely thoughts to read this a.m. I am so thankful that you are on your way to your next destination! God is so good, all the time! He is with me as well as I am bearing up ok since a phone call last night with news that my mom died in her sleep. So now the work is on but so thankful that she loved the Lord and instilled that love into her children's hearts as well! Hugs and continued prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Friend so sorry for your loss. Praying for all of you. Love ya, Arlene

      Delete
    2. So Sorry Becky for your loss. It is wonderful that she is with Jesus....Peace and beautiful memories to you! Robin

      Delete