Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7......

Ministry Partners,

I have not been able to post to this blog since I've been in Rwanda because the Internet service at Moucecore guesthouse has not been up but I was just informed this evening that is was working.

It's hard to believe that I have been here five days already and those have been very busy days indeed.

Saturday I was invited to speak the next day, Sunday, at Church on the Rock for both the first service, English, and second service, Kinyarwanda. I planned on preaching the same message both times but the people from the first service stayed for the second. I am thankful to the Holy Spirit for giving me the second new message "right on the spot".

Seeing so many familiar faces and giving and receiving so many hugs makes me feel right at home. But just doing the every day things take so much longer than in America.

After leaving yesterday morning at 8:30 for town with Alfred Mupenzi, the IRM Operations Supervisor, and Pastor Peter Deyali, Grace Treasurers Church, we exchanged money, went to 1 bank and waited in line 1 hour (all to be told they could not help us), purchased water for the team's arrival, stopped by the Bible society, had lunch, checked on the cost of printing the Discipleship Booklets, had some other copies made, went to a 2nd bank (they could help us), briefly met with Pastor Deo from Prison Fellowship and finally arriving home at 4:30. Because we had the car and driver for over 4 hours (considered 1/2 day) the cost was $80 instead of $40.

Hummmm…. the same thing happened last Friday and today.

Thankful for my first day of rest tomorrow, at least until tomorrow evening when I was asked to speak at a home meeting of some officials. Thursday, Friday and Sat. before the team arrives are all full and busy. I think next year I will come 2 weeks early - Lord willing and the Team here agrees.

I am so looking forward to Friday as I have the opportunity to work with a new group of 40 HIV/AIDS ladies.

Today, we had more errands to do in town this time making purchases for ministry and the teams arrival. While there I purchased a beautiful piece of fabric to have made into a dress and then had to have both of the soles of my shoes repaired at a huge cost of 60 cents each and it was a very well done job!

Late this afternoon I met with Bishop Denis from Bethel Pentecostal Church at his request. He invited me to be one of the speakers for the Regional Crusade and Conference, March 5-18,2012. During our 1 1/2 hour meeting he reported that they expected to have at least 100,000 in attendance. I am going to have to spend much time in prayer concerning this opportunity!!!

Please pray for our Rwandan team partners:
  • Pastor Peter & his wife – Foursquare Gospel Church Rwanda – had his back injured due to a motorbike accident and then was involved in a second accident, followed by the death of his father-in-law.
  • Baby Arlene Mupenzi (3 yrs.) – hospitalized 4 days ago with tonsils problems and unable to eat due to sores in her mouth
  • Alfred Mupenzi – still dealing with effects of Malaria
  • Unspoken request - I will inform you later

Thank you dear partners for your continued prayers,

Arlene

p.s.

Please comment below, I would love to hear from you

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Arlene
    You do know that my prayers and love are with you.

    I so understand the challenging days in Rwanda but also the blessings that come upon us so many times during the day. I hope that you are withstanding the heat and humidity; twelve trips there and still can not acclimate myself to it.

    Five years have past since we traveled together to Rwanda and I am amazed how God has worked through us in such unique ways. You are an inspiration to many - you give them a sense of "hope" "love" and "friendship" as well as bringing them the word of God.

    Bless you my dear friend. Safe travels through Rwanda; please stay healthy, happy and enjoy what Rwanda and its beautiful people bring to you. Amen! Blessing to you!

    Much love!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arlene,
    So glad to hear the details of your days there! OH! how I miss the greetings and love of our sisters and brothers there! Transportation costs are up there I see! I'm praying for you and the days ahead. May the Lord continue to bless! in all ways these days ahead....In His Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete