Sunday, December 23, 2018

Dec. 23

Ministry Partners,

Today was a day to worship Jesus here in Kampala.

After breakfast the team headed to Wakiso there I ministered too about 200 people at Life Empowerment International Ministries. It was quite a large church and Pastor Robert, the 38 year old pastor, was a very nice young man, I really liked him.

Bishop Arlene & Rev. Pastor Robert

The service was already going on when we arrived so I had the opportunity of seeing how a couple presents themselves prior to approval is given for them to marry. Yet the proposed bride and her bridesmaids were elegantly dressed in traditional colorful Uganda wear and the men in formal. As they stood in front of the church the church members were asked if anyone knew any reason why the couple should not continue with plans to be married next month.

They gave me 1&1/2 hours so shared the salvation portion on my message where many responded and then shortened up the "Forgiveness" portion to make it fit. Again many choose to pray a prayer of forgiveness over their abuser or person who had hurt them.

After I spoke the pastor did a special offering for some church equipment the church needed to purchase.

The pastor told me that his church needed to hear what I had to say and later in his office he told me he was the chair of the large Pastors Association in the area and then asked if I returned next year would I hold a 3 day conference for the pastors. He gave me all his information and we will just see what God does with this.

As we walked outside to leave the pastor caught up with us and handed me an envelope with some money inside. I thanked him and then asked him how much was inside as I need to made a note of it. It was the equivalent on $20 dollars, a lot for a village church. Without opening the envelope I handed it back to him and said I wanted to donate it to the fundraiser they were doing.

Then we were off, headed to Luzira Women's Prison to meet Apollo. When I told him about the caps the ladies from Foursquare had crochet he said he wanted the babies in prison with their mothers would enjoy such a gift right before Christmas. So 31 mom's chose the hat they wanted from the stack. Pastor Aaron sang a special song to them and then we left as others were there bringing sodas and such.

Pastor Aaron is feeling well again and he said to thank you for praying for him.

Continuing praying for u we visit two prisons tomorrow.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good Sunday Arlene! How kind of you to return a monetary gift for what their church needed. We had a good church service MVCC with the Dickens Carolers leading the worship songs. They sang a few on their own. Loved it! Pastor Jesse's sermon was great...thought provoking how God had a plan for his people from the very beginning of time. With Abraham and beyond. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete