Sunday, December 30, 2018

Dec. 30

Ministry Partners and Friends,

Today after breakfast we had the opportunity to minister at Kampala Worship Centere - Nsambya  where there were about 400 in attendance. The pastor is a women named Mary, her husbands name is Kimera, she is a friend of Pastor Peace.

Kimera, Arlene & Mary

We have been asking the Holy Spirit for an outpouring of His Spirit as never before and today that is just what we witnessed.  After the alter call and discipleship teaching time I focused on the Forgiveness portion of our crusade. Both women and men were weeping as they prayed through the prayer. A man made his way to the platform, he knelt with tears streaming down his face and testified as to what his father had done to him and how he had just forgiven him. He was crying so hard that Aaron went on the platform and put his arms around him.  Aaron knew what the man was going through as he forgave his father two years ago. Two men of the church came and took the man away  to pray with him. Then another came to the platform and another and another and another. I ended by challenging them, as a church, to demonstrate Christ's love to each other and their community by forgiving and loving each other. Aaron and I "role played" and showed them how to apologize and ask for forgiveness. The entire church stood and started forgiving each other! We were there until 2pm.

I tell you I cannot adequately explain to you how my heart sang as I watched the Holy Spirit setting them free from bitterness against each other. I spoke over their church and blessed them.

They asked me to do a Women's Conference for them if God brings me back next year and the blessed be with a money gift which Pastor Aaron whispered, "Don't give it back, just accept it." which I did.

We returned to the hotel to have lunch followed by Aaron and Peace having a meeting to go over possible prisons to visit next summer if the Lord brings me back while I began writing this blog.

It appears there is another party going on here so with New Years Eve being tomorrow it appears sleep will be sparse the next two nights as the windows rattle with the volume of the speakers and music. 😊😊😊😊😊

After dinner I will try and get some sleep with my handy ear plugs as we have an early morning drive to Mukono Prison.

Keep praying for us as God is answering your prayers with a big YES!

That none would be lost,
Arlene

3 comments:

  1. So sweet to hear what the Holy Spirit is doing in these mens lives. The Power of forgiveness is so important, Satan uses our bitterness to divide us. Our whole body is affected by not forgiving. Thanks Arlene for you words of what that looks like for us all not just those in Africa. Our prayers are with you for safety and strength. That none would be lost, listening to the call of Christ. Blessings for your Journey, sweet sleep and peace ahead. Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such encouraging words for me to read. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete