Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec. 21

Ministry Partners,

Everywhere you look there are darling children.
A village girl

Today has been a day of preparations for our first day of prison ministry tomorrow.

After another buffet breakfast it was time for everyone to set about on their own project. I am concerned as we all need good nights rest and we were all up until midnight last night as there was a party in the courtyard right outside. The DJ and music was so loud that the windows even rattled.
Aaron as he told me at breakfast that his throat was soar and he will be doing all the translating for me.

“From the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.” Psalm 61:2-3

At 10 as expected the Man arrived from the Uganda Bible Society with our bible order. There is just something special about watching God's precious Word, case after case, being stacked for us to distribute.

Aaron and Peace set about figuring out how many bibles would go to each prison while I sorted 5 suitcases of supplies and packaged up two small gifts for men warden's at the two prisons we will do ministry in tomorrow. I also pit together a small Christmas gift bag for each team member. I wanted to do something special for them since they will not be with their families for Christmas. I don't have adequate words for how I appreciate them and their heart for the ministry God has called IRM together with them to do.

Apollo did not come at noon so by 1pm Aaron went to do errands. He will pick up the van that is being washed, get Sim cards for the phones and portable WiFi and have some Christian music loaded onto our Flash Drive. Peace has been busy bagging up the Discipleship Booklets that accompany each bible, putting the name of the prison on each bag so distributions will go quickly. Aaron was unable to get the phones taken care of so it will have to wait until another day. The traffic jam caused him to take hours to get back, there's just nothing like Kampala traffic!

We ordered dinner ahead of time to be ready at 6. We have lots of coordinating to do so that we start ministry smoothly.

  • Pray for open hearts for the Gospel 
  • Health for Aaron and the rest of the team
  • Travel safety
That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment