Saturday, December 22, 2018

Dec. 22

Ministry Partners,

Oh my such a busy day today and it is going on midnight and I am still up.

It was such a quiet night here that I should have gotten lots of sleep but after going to bed a 10 I was awake at 1and finaly went back to sleep at 4 until 6:30.

During breakfast I gave Peace her gift and last evening I gave Aaron his.......birthday gifts as today was both their birthday. Then I, who is not a singer, sang Happy Birthday to them! 
After breakfast we waited for some of the blankets to arrive then loaded the van with Bibles, Discipleship Booklets, blankets and for the women, soap and famine hygiene products. Peace, Aaron and I were off to do ministry in two prisons. It may be December but it is quite hot here, just doesn't seem right.
Kasangati Prison

At the first prison 200+ received Christ as Savior and then prayed the Forgiveness prayer. There were 13 women and we were able to give each one a head scarf and a Bible & Discipleship booklet set. We left the rest to the men because we did not have enough for everyone.

Then it was about an hour drive on dusty dirty roads until we arrived at the second prison, about the same size as the first but with only 8 women. we saw about the same results. One of the women had a baby and when I gave her one of the darling hats crochet by the Canby Foursquare women's group all the me began chapping and shouting. Thank you ladies for loving the inmate moms.

We arrived back at the hotel to find two wedding parties celebrating so music and celebrating was in stereo. After we ate our delicious fish dinner I we had the opportunity to watch some tribal dancers and drum musicians preform. They were wonderful!

Although it was late Deputy Commissioner Apollo arrived with the rest of the blankets and invited me to go with him to visit an unscheduled prison tomorrow after I speak at a village church.

So with a busy schedule tomorrow and I still need to shower I will call it a day!

Thank you for sending me into the harvest and for your continuing prayers.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

3 comments:

  1. Good update. Getting sleep never easy with the time change for you. I had to have my bridge replaced this a.m. at the dentist. Now my body needs sleep and my mouth and head hurt a bit. I need root canal done on one tooth which will be next month. Oh well could be worse. Chilly here in Oregon and froze Fri and Sat. Take care and glad your sharing God's love and salvation to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! What a productive day! I’m so proud of the ministry you have sharing Christ’s forgiveness. Blessings and some good sleep on the top of the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Arlene, safety for the journey and health. Thanks for the update, how is Alfred is he with you? BLessings, Renee & Edwin

    ReplyDelete