Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Dec 26

Ministry Partners,

What a day it has been. We discovered that we had not brought the Jesus Film backpack with us so Aaron had his wife go all the way (2 hrs.) to Kampala to our hotel and pick it up for us.

Today we held crusades in two prisons and visited a women's prison to hand out donated scarves and then crochet caps to the children. Tonight I spoke at a fishing village crusade where we also showed the Jesus Film and since we had to wait until it got dark we did not finish until 9:30 which left us eating a bite at 11.

Today was a day in ministry I will never forget as we watch the holy Spirit pour out his power as never before.

Our first prison today was a large one for inmates with serious crimes, like murder. The Deputy Officer in Charge (OC) was a very nice young man. At the end or the crusade he challenged the inmates concerning "Forgiveness" and the became humble and transparent before the men. OC's and guards have a prestige image before the prisoners and like to hold that position. So what he did was extremely unusual and we knew guided by the Holy Spirit.

As we ate our PBJ sandwich we were off to a small farm prison of 59 where the Deputy OC was a charming lady who was so welcoming as were the two women guards but there were also a few men guards. When Aaron hooked up the sound system and turned on Christian music in their language the inmates started dancing and before long the Deputy OC, Aaron and I were dancing with them, we all had fun! Every prisoner received Christ and prayed the "Forgiveness" prayer. Some of the men were crying as I talked a lot with them about forgiving others, forgiving yourself and asking for forgiveness. Although I have not done it before the Holy Spirit led me to have Aaron and I show them what it would look like to apologize to someone and ask them to forgive you. What the prisoners did next I had never seen before and it brought not only Aaron and I to tears but also the Deputy OC and the two women guards. We knew without a doubt that the Holy Spirit was doing an amazing work in their hearts.

Then because it was a small prison and we had enough bibles and booklets I asked the Deputy OC if we could hand them out and she said yes. Since we had some English and some Ugandan I told Aaron that like the "Loves and Fishes, to pray that each prisoner would get the language he needed.....and they did. then they started dancing again only this time they held the bibles over their heads then brought them down and kissed them then put them over their heads again and yes there were those who were crying at finally having a copy of God's Word for themselves.

I told the prisoners that this has been the best Christmas I have ever had and during my time with them they had given me the best Christmas gift I had ever received.

Before leaving I gave the Deputy OC and the woman guards a scarf and packages of tissue and as we went to the van I noticed a girl with a daring baby. 
 Arlene got this darling child to giggle
As I gave her scarf and the baby a cap one of the guards form inside came out and informed us that the darling baby was hers.

It is now 1am and I am so tired, I must get to bed as we have another prison crusade tomorrow.

We appreciate your continuing prayers, we are watching the Holy Spirit do amazing things.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading all your stories of your days abroad. Hopefully your arm/shoulder are better each day. God bless you and continued prayers, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, I love you so much!!!! Keep letting your light shine bright. Keeping you close in my prayers sister!!! Thanks for the update...great to hear of all the spiritual break through. Glory to God!!

    ReplyDelete