Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 22 -

Ministry Partners,

Yesterday morning provided some unscheduled challenges that I watched the Lord display His faithfulness to and gave his grace to cover.
In the afternoon events changed for me as we had a brief meeting with Pastor Geffory from Uganda. He is coordinating the 3 weeks ministry time there. I had also been looking forward to and had expected to attend a village wedding but decided to speak at the village meeting (crusade) hosted by Pastor Peter and Merculie instead of going to the wedding.

 Pastor Peter & Arlene
Much as I was a bit disappointed to not attend the wedding the reason I am here is to share the Gospel and reach the lost for Christ and when I saw villagers responding the the Holy Spirit's call to salvation, I knew I had made the right choice.

Today provided a new ministry opportunity as an American man staying at the guest house where I am is starting a Biblical Institute here and he has connected IRM to the fundamental churches he is associated with. We have been invited to an additional number of their churches but time will not allow, it seems, but for the one today.

I spoke at a Pentecostal Church called, Deliverance Temple, which is a small church of about 300. Following the 3 hour church service the Pastor said the women of the church really wanted me to have a day with them but I had to defer to the very tight remaining schedule.

As we were leaving the church I spotted a very elderly woman walking alongside the road and I asked Philbert to stop the van as I got one of the few scarves I had and a tract to give to her. It was evident that she had dealt with a severe injury to her face during the Genocide.
 
She appeared surprised  at being given a beautiful soft free gift.and kept saying, "Murakoze (thank you)".

We went to lunch in town and when I returned to the Guest House at 2 pm I decided to take a brief rest as I was quite tired but found myself waking up after 5. I guess I was more tired than I thought. I don't remember taking any afternoon naps on past trips so today provided another "first'.

Tomorrow, I will be having a Rwanda team meeting with Pastor Peter, Alfred and Bishop Alexis to make final arrangements concerning IRM's NGO application that has been before the gov. for some time. The new laws were finally voted upon and set last Sept. so it is now time for us to move forward. Bishop Alexis thinks that at this point it should only take a few months to finally be officially registered.

Tomorrow we also have more errands to run in the morning and in the afternoon Prisca will take me to check out three other guesthouses. I have stayed at this Anglican guesthouse since 2007 and I just want to get an idea of that else might be available.

It's hard to believe that there remains only one more week of ministry here in Rwanda but the week ahead will be very busy with general activities and travel as well as Prison ministry at the 1930 Prison, Kibungo Women's Prison, Butari Prison and Mpanga Prison. These are the last four of the total 8 we have been approved to enter.

Every day here is not only a walk of faith but one of total dependance on God as we watch Him provide for us as well as pour out His power. God has been/is faithful in equiping us to do all He has called me here to do along side our Rwandan partners.

Please continue to pray for us and all the remaining ministry. Blessing upon all of you.

That none would be lot,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your updates and loving how God is working through you and continuing building His kingdom here on earth and adding souls for eternity! Take care and glad you had a good nap. Obviously you needed it and now you are refreshed, my sweet sister in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete