Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14 - Remera Prison

Ministry Partners,

After 70 entrances into prison facilities and speaking to 1,000s and 1,000s of prisoners I must admit that I was nervous this morning as I was seated inside the prison. It had been 11 months since I had spoken to a group of this size, 3,000.

The woman from the Commissioners office, Jane, met us there and did a wonderful job introducing our team after she first grabbed a rhythm instrument and joined in with one of the choirs. She is a tiny thing who looks 21 or so but told us she is 30. She is a christian and so bubbly, I really like her.

  
 Arlene & Jane

But oh how I enjoyed the 2 choirs of men that sang songs of worship. I cannot explain it but once I heard the powerful men's voices years ago it became one of the things that blesses my heart every time I come. At one point, before I began to speak, Alfred led the prisoners in a worship song and once again Jane joined us on the platform bringing a rhythm instrument for her and one for me. God was smiling for sure as he stretched me out of my box and the prisoners must have enjoyed watching us join their worship time, at least it seemed so by their smiles and even broader grins.

They seemed to really enjoy the new object lesson for salvation, Eph.2:8-9, the one for being a child of the King, a Prince, and the one for what it "looks like" when we don't forgive. I am so thankful for the new object lesson materials that the Holy Spirit gave me to use this trip and for the results we watched him bring today.

The Rwandan partners as well as I have experienced a battering from the enemy for a number of months and we all claimed that it was evidence that we were going to see God pour out his power on this trip like never before. Jesus has the victory in all IRM does and He has the victory in my life and each of our partners lives. The enemy knows he has no victory in our efforts but he is so stupid that he thinks he can convince us otherwise......... we have kept our focus on Christ and we know the truth, the victory belongs to the Savior!!!!!

Like Nehemiah who would not come down from the wall but rather he stayed focused on what God had called him to do so are we. That was important for us to remember today when we were informed first thing this morning that one of our partner pastors had some difficulties and would not be able to minister with us this year. And then this afternoon we were informed of the robbery at the IRM office, done by a trusted security guard. Here are some of the major things that were taken:
  1. The office computer and copy/scan printer - purchased by Alfred
  2. Our battery operated sound system
  3. Lg. tubs of supplies I had intended to use this year
  4. A 100 church seating chairs
I am so proud of our partners here as we stand firm together even though just like Gideon's army we don't have the weapons we "thought" we needed but we know, without a doubt, we have just the right God given weapons we will need. We are giving God praise for His goodness and faithfulness to us.

Yes indeed we have seen and will continue to watch God pour out His power as never before as we stand firm and focused.

Late tonight plans changed and tomorrow I was invited to speak in a new church for me. We were told it is a Pentecostal church called  Kamashashi Parrish of about 700. Pray for open hearts for the Gospel as well as understanding the challenge to forgive.

Please continue to pray for the IRM team and the ministry God has called us to do here and for me in getting restful sleep. Our team appreciates knowing you are standing with us in prayer.

Blessings to you from the land of a 1,000 hills and a 1,000 smiles.
That none would be lost,

Arlene



1 comment:

  1. smiles right back to you and thankful you are absorbing His goodness and grace where you are. Will see what God has in store you in the next few days! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete