Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13 .......

Ministry Partners,

Today really has been a one of a kink day although It started out easy with another traditional breakfast.
Please pray for me as I am having a hard time getting over jet-lag this trip as evidenced by waking at 2:30 this morning. Of course I could think of lots of things that needed to get done today and ended up getting up and making a "Gift Bag" out of some of your donated items to give to Commissioner Dativa when we go to her office again.

Alfred called and was informed that Dativa's schedule was too busy and we would not going to be able to see her. We decided to go by her office and leave the gift bag and ask if the new request letter for IRM to enter the prisons had been signed, But when we arrived we were asked to wait as Dativa wanted to see us. As we waited in the outer office there was a mother there with her 3 week old baby boy.
 
 Oh what a cutie and of course I had to ask if I could hold him and the mother graciously let me do so.

Without a scheduled meeting we spent 2 hours with the Commissioner and too many God breathed things happened to write here not the least of which was to be told we now have direct access to her office. We talked much about how IRM could support the prisoners who just had a fire in their prison and lost everything!!! Dativa of our arrival. has given us one of her staff people to accompany us to each prison in an effort to expedite our entrance and having them prepared ahead of our arrival time.

We left her office to run errands and I told Alfred that if there was a chalk line showing how
many times we criss crossed Kigali it would look like a spider web. I was so very thankful for Pastor Peter's wife, Merculie, and his son, Abraham were so very helpful today. Because of their help we were able to finish our errands much quicker.
 
During our errand running I had the opportunity to meet a lady from the Rwanda Twa tribe. I was happy to give her a donated scarf and a tract.


Upon returning to the Commissioners office we found certificate to enter the prisons was signed and waiting and we found that the 5 prisons we requested had now grown again,,,,this time to 8 !!!!!

Before we returned to Moucecore we made a quick stop to the printers and they said they would deliver the Booklets to us at Moucecore, which they did.

It's 10 and I will retire early so I can be rested for tomorrow crusade.

Thank you again, your partnership makes this ministry possible,
That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I'm now all caught up on your posts, even if I did have to go backwards to catch up! :0}

    ReplyDelete