Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ministry Partners,

Sorry I have not been able to post for the last 2 days as the internet has been down. Flexible is the name of the game as the itinerary has bee changed and/modified to allow for more ministry opportunities.



Tuesday the 9th was a day of running errands and Pastor Aaron and I did some shopping while we waited for Alfred to try and get my phone fixed as well as other necessary errands to make our time here run smoothly.

Wednesday the 10 was our first trip to one of the three prisons we have been approved to visit. I have found such favor with the Commissioner of Prisons that the fourth prison we had applied for might still be possible, please pray about this possible opportunity. The prison we went to was about a 2 hour drive from the capitol where I am staying and after we loaded the required soap, Bibles, a sound system and us we were unable to pull out of the parking area in town without the wheels rubbing against the top of the wheel well on the left side.
I suggested we distribute the weight up front which we did. I must admit we were a bit of a sight with Bible boxes in the front of and on top of the riders seat along with boxes of soap bars between the front seat and on the left side foot space. To top it all off, on the very top of the riders seat was the sound system. We could have used the space on the right-hand seat but the driver had to sit somewhere. :-)

Our vehicle only has 2 rows of seats behind the driver so by the tine Alfred, Pastor Aaron, Pastor Herman (who drove us), Pastor Herman's wife Ann and myself all got in, along with the keyboard and other equipment, we were a sight right out of tobacco road.

Kitalya Prison was  a small one with a woman warden. There were only about sixty or so the came to hear me speak and I could sense the cold  hardness of the sentenced, violent prisoners before I ever began to share the Gospel.
We had prayed the the Holy Spirit would soften their hearts but I observed no outward signs of that in their demeanor or faces. Jesus wept over the unbelief of Jerusalem and I wept as we drove away as I saw not one make a decision to receive God's free gift of salvation. I had done what God sent me there to do but my heart hurt for such hardened men who were choosing to spend eternity separated from the Savior who loves them so much. Please pray for those men that God's Word would not return void as He promised and that the Holy Spirit would uses the scriptures I shared to bring them to a saving knowledge in Christ.

Thursday - July 11 was another early morning with me rising at 5:30. Alfred and Pastor Aaron arrived at 7:45 and we were off to pick up Pastor Herman and Ann on our way Harvest Christian Restoration Church.
We finally left town at about 9 for the 3 hour drive to the church. It is a large church for a village church with a dirt floor the has been covered with a layer of soft cow dung to keep down the dust!
I spoke for 1 hour with Pastor Aaron translating and then they sang a worship and praise song led by Alfred. I was then asked to share for a second hour session which I did. Alfred taught for an additional lesson before they served us a traditional Ugandan lunch.

I don't often refuse but when I was asked to share for a 3rd hour long session ...... I did, telling them I would not be able to share at the crusade if I did. Everything was moved to an area of the village center for the crusade. We saw the holy Spirit bring 26 to salvation followed by the pastor and I praying over people and anointing them with oil that I had brought from Israel.

What dear and precious people at this church and before leaving the pastor invited me back. During our 3 hour drive back to town the head Guard from Kitalya Prison, who by the way he spoke yesterday was a Christian, called and said that the warden was very happy with our visit and could we please come back another day as they had received a new group of prisoners.

We finally arrived back in Kampala at 10 pm and it is now past midnight so I best be off to bed. Tomorrow is another busy long day as we visit another prison.
I appreciate your continued prayers, that none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good report and praying all goes well, be safe and hugs to you. Thanks for your work for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete