Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23rd......

Ministry Partners,

A quote from today's devotional.........

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13 NKJV

 Through our difficulties we learn to be…
weak enough to lean upon His strength; small enough to look upon His greatness; empty enough to draw upon His fullness; poor enough to depend upon His riches; needy enough to count upon His grace. ~ Roy Lessin
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Since arriving in Rwanda it has been an interesting time to say the least. Sunday morning I spoke in two different churches finishing at 1:30. It was an amazing time to watch the Holy Spirit work as 30 prayed to receive God's free gift of salvation.
The guest house where I am staying is redoing their internet service and the main office as of earlier today has not been able to log on using their own password so then neither have I. The tech this afternoon tried to convenience me that the issue was with my notebook while I kept explaining that I had no problem with my notebook over the last 4 years and I had always been able to log on when Moucecore's service was up. After finally deciding to purchase a modem for the computer the 2 technicians worked from afternoon until late tonight and walla they did find that the issue was with something in the new system and not my computer. 
Not only am I happy but I am sure the women in the office will be very happy tomorrow when they come to work as they have not been able to access their own service. So with some local service and a modem hopefully the posting will be more consistent but the days here keep me so very busy.

Yesterday Pastor Peter and Alfred took me to meet with Mary, the Deputy Commissioner General of Rwanda Correctional Services who was formerly the Commissioner General of  Police. She is the highest ranking official for which to seek permission to do ministry within the prisons. We had a very lengthy visit and she promised to expedite our application for entrance into the prisons. Please pray that we are able to receive the signed doc. tomorrow when we return to the Rwandan Corrections Offices.

Today was a day of getting some IRM business done.The Discipleship Booklets are being printed and while Alfred was purchasing 30 cs. of water in preparation for the teams arrival Pastor Aaron and I passed out all the tracts I had stuffed in my brief case. I had gone off without my camera and missed some really good shots, for sure. Can you imagine 50 lg. mattresses stacked HIGH on a very small Toyota pickup bed!!!...?

We had an issue with one of the microphones for the battery operated sound system we purchased in Uganda so Pastor Aaron took it to a shop to find out what the issue was. It seems the was a wire that was broken so it was quickly fixed, soldered, for a cost of only $5 and that included the cost for a young man to carry it a few blocks to the shop from where we could find parking.

We also stopped by the market to pick up items for team lunches as well as some other supplies.

We returned to Moucecore to find that Octave, from the Rwandan Bible Society, was on his way to my guest house to deliver the Bibles I had ordered. We have become friends over the years and it was good to see him.

After dinner Alfred and I got the paper work/accounting caught up so I could get everything posted on the excel spreadsheets. He leaves very early in the morning for Kenya as they have requested some medical work done before as he can only obtain his visa from there because he will leave the same day for Australia the same day we leave for America, to began studies for his PHD. Then he will return the  next evening and help Pastor Peter, Pastor Aaron and I with final preparations for the teams arrival on Friday evening, I am anxious to greet all four of them.

Well, it's 11PM and time for me to began to think about getting to bed.

Thanks for your faithful continued prayers, their needed.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment