Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26.....

 Ministry Partners,


I just wanted to let all of you know that Leslie, Toni, Brian and Terry arrived safely at 8pm Rwandan time. It was so good to see these very special weary travelers.
  Pastor Peter, Terry, Toni, Leslie, Brian, Arlene & Alfred
The team members are all in bed as I write this and I will make this brief as it is 11:30.

Today, Pastor Peter, Alfred and I met with Datvia, Deputy Director General of Rwanda Corrections Services for 2 hours. Relationships in Rwanda are so very important and over time we have certainly become friends which was very evident from her warm greeting. She invited me to accompany her to Relima Prison for a late day celebration there but she understood my refusal in that my team was arriving and the prison was a distance away.

Arlene & Dativa

At the end of our meeting she had called wardens and given her permission for us to enter a new prison prison in North Eastern Rwanda, increasing our prisons entrances this trip by 1 and asking if we would like to go to the remaining 2 new prisons!!!!! I was disappointed that I had to tell her that my limited time here would not allow me to accept her generous offer.

God is answering your faithful prayers, we appreciate all of you.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment