Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 31

Ministry Partners,
 After a hasty breakfast Aaron and I left for the Woman's Conference at 8:15 and picked up Pastor Peace on the way. I have talked about the traffic here, well, it was worse than usual and there had been some miscommunication about which Foursquare church it was at so we ended up picking up a lady who showed us the way to the actual church. 

So a drive that we thought would take us 30 min and leave 15 min. to get ready to start at 9 actually took 2 hours and 45 min.! I found Bishop John Kamanzi's wife, Pastor Pauline preaching when I arrived. She said that the Holy Spirit led her to talk about what the scriptures said about fear not know that I would also be talking some about that.

There were to be 70 - 100 women there but there were 230!!!  I was told some women had been there since 6am!!!!!!
230 lovely women
 Aaron got my mic set up and I started teaching on, "10 Remarkable Women In The Bible (with a short Plus 1 with the "Plus 1" being a message about the Samaritan Woman. Did you know that the longest recorded record of any of Jesus' conversations with any one person in scripture was with this Samaritan woman and we are not even told her name. I ended the first session with my testimony and I gave an invitation for salvation.

After a 15 minute break I started the second session and spoke about a time in my life when I asked God "Why" and through a very dark time in my life and how God "seemed" silent but how God was faithful and gave me my one and only vision of Jesus as my Gold armored warrior.   

Both Peace and Pauline had told me they felt I needed to add my "Forgiveness" teaching to the final session so I did that and challenged wives to forgive their husbands if they wanted a truly healthy God honoring marriage, to forgive the person who raped them and to forgive themselves for some of their wrong choices..
Today I choose to forgive ........................



Pauline had some of the women come forward and share what they learned during the day and it blessed my heart to have women speak about making choices to forgive.

It was a GRAND day!!! Pauline asked if I would come back next year and do a two or three day conference.

We then broke for a delicious late lunch, took some photos and then it was time to head back to our hotel but not before dropping off Peace in her village.

After arriving at our hotel Alfred and I did some minor editing on the report he wrote today that will go to the Gov. officials tomorrow. He does such a great job of writing briefly about what happened in each prison that we were in along with a coordinating photo.

Aaron, Alfred and I had our final dinner here at this hotel and then they were off to bed while I get this blog done. Then id will be a hot bath and off to bed for me, I'm tired and I'm ready.

Thank you for praying for today's conference and for me personally, I so appreciate it. Your prayers were answered with a BIG yes!

Please continue to pray as we prepare to finish here and leave for Kenya.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. So glad to here all this and it seems your looking and feeling good.. Praises...I watch your Itt. every day and pray for ya...Love ya, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet friend for the prayer covering. Yes I am feeling better and sad I will be leaving Uganda tomorrow. See you in not too long. Love to you and Bill

    ReplyDelete