Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May 16 - God's care for us continues

Ministry Partners,
Today God provided an interesting day and certainly one that showed again showed his love and care this team. The place Alfred found for us was comfortable and He was to it that my particular room had a tub with hot water which I especially appreciated after yesterdays events. I needed a good cleaning and soaking.
As we rose for breakfast Aaron discovered that we had a flat so although all three of us started breakfast. Today was actually the first day I felt like I could eat without Alfred pressuring me. But I understand very clearly if I did not eat it would take me longer to get well. I must tell you that it really is by God's design that Alfred and Aaron and in my life and a part of this ministry. They love me and this ministry as much as do and they have taken such especially good care of me though the last few days. But Aaron quickly disappeared to help the motor bike guy the hotel called get the tire off and in front of him on the bike as off he went to the local gas station to be fixed. We finished 
eating and motor bike man returned, soon the tire was on and we were loaded in the van and off to today's prison about a 1 1/2 hour drive but NO, the prison was only about 10 minutes from where we stayed. I was not so sure how I would do today as before breakfast it was evident that I was still having issues intestinal issues for which I took medication, issues with balance and equilibrium (I move pretty slowly always having to hold on to something or someone, as well as just plain having trouble trying to focus and get words out sometime.
We immediately found favor with the O.C. and although it was the plan for me to preach two crusades today, one for the men's side first and then one for the women's side in the afternoon God certainly intervened when the O.C. said he wanted to combine the two groups and just have one crusade. Alfred looked at me when he said we would certainly be happy to comply with his new schedule..........if he only knew!!!! Thank you Jesus for taking such good care of me.
They brought, under guard, about 65 women from their section and the sat under the shade of one of the building porch overhangs while around 1,335 men sat in a semi-circle, mainly in the sun. Oh that's right, there was a very small tree on one side.
They played their drums and did worship (one of the things I enjoy so much) and when they  were done Alfred started leading some worship with African dancing, Aaron was right there with him. hat a picture the two of them make, they definitely are anointed to lead worship. Both of them did an amazing job and the prisoners were joining in with huge smiles on their faces.
I got a short way into the first part of the crusade when the O.C. appeared and sat behind me, I was so glad he came. I was preaching sometimes in the sun and became dizzy so quickly moved into the shade for a bit.
In this large group of men I noticed about 10 men of another faith that were sprinkled among-st the other prisoners, they are easy to identify as most of the prisoners just appear with their shaved heads. ,As I was just about to start giving the invitation and was giving examples of specific good works that will not pay for salvation or pay your way to heaven. I do the same thing at every crusade and at this point every other prison was silently, intently watching me and I was in the sun right close to the front row walking from side to side. But I noticed one of the"men" in about the third row had a younger man with him and he was glancing at me and then laughing and saying something in the younger mans ear, he did not do it once but a number of times. It came at the right time in my talk and was right in front of him. I did not change a thing but I locked eyes with him and his laughter faded as I continued, "Although praying is a good thing to do you cannot pray 10 hours a day for twenty years to pay for God's salvation or to earn your way to heaven. God says no man can do enough good works to do that because His son Jesus Christ, himself God already paid the price for salvation and the price for you to go to heaven when He died on the cross for you and He is giving it all to you as a FREE gift." As I was saying those words I felt a fresh power and boldness from the Holy Spirit as I kept moving and never stopped but I kept my eyes on the man. I don't think the man moved a muscle as he intently kept his eyes locked on mine.
As I gave the invitation that man, his younger buddy and every man of that previous faith were now standing and praying to receive Jesus with almost everyone there both men and omen, guards and the O.C. It was the same for the prayer of forgiving someone else or themselves.
With the O.C.'s permission we were able the hand out a Bible to each women but the ones for the men would be handed out under the direction of the O.C. because there were far to many men.
A woman friend had knitter or crochet ( I don't do either so I don't know) 20 small caps out of the softest yarn in different colors for the children so I passed out about 8 to the darling little ones and I must say the mama's loved getting such a gift for their child.
The O.C. closed the crusade time with a challenge to the inmates and said some VERY nice things to the IRM team and of course he invited us back anytime.
Because we finished early by only doing one crusade Alfred decided we would not stay overnight there but we would drive to Gulu and stay and the place Pastor Gerald had picked out for us, it was a 2 1/2 hour drive and we were all exhausted when we arrived but by doing so tomorrow will be a day of rest and preparation for the next very busy days.
This woman wanted to be sure the driver was going the correct way so turning down some of the cardboard helped
Please pray for the souls of the inmates we have yet to see and Alfred says it will take some time before I am really over this so continue to pray for me.
THANKS
That none would be lost,
Arlene

5 comments:

  1. Plans formed long ago in perfect faithfulness! Is 25:1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plans formed long ago in perfect faithfulness! Is 25:1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy for this wonderful verse. I will have to use it on my next post

      Delete
  3. Good report of your day Arlene. Hugs and be well. My continued prayers. I'm thankful for the great team you've got to support you.

    ReplyDelete