Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 30

Ministry Partners,

This morning as we were eating breakfast the sky was dark and it began to sprinkle rain which made our town day a little more difficult.

Alfred took a motor bike to do some errands and go to the bank to retrieve all of our remaining money to pay off our bills and have funds to take with us for Kenya. First we made a stop to purchase more water and some granola for me.

We dropped Alfred close to the bank and then drove to the Artisan Village where we found a parking place right in front to wait for Peace to arrive. Aaron chose to stay in the van rather that follow us shopping that way he could take a nap. 
It was so nice for Aaron to take drive us to go shopping for the few thing I want to bring home. I found a couple of things and when I gave the vendor a tract and scarf she said it had been a long time since anyone had given her a gift. 

Then Peace said she knew where I could get a particular Uganda dress like I saw in Gulu. We took the short drive there and was fortunate to find a "parking Lot" not far from where we needed to go but n the way we got caught in a downpour and had to wait under a store front awning. 
The sweetest young girl waited on us along with two other employees who helped me learn how to put the dress on. Although she started with a turquoise dress which was pretty but I chose a rose pink one. It was a bit too long so we waited as the man seamstress to shortened it. Although the dress has an "India" flare to it it is one that Ugandan women wear to weddings and celebrations. 
Before leaving the store I gave them a tract and scarf and we spoke to them about receiving Christ as their Savior.
A new pink Ugandan dress for me

Peace left us in town to return to her home but I will see her tomorrow for the Women's Conference.

It was sill raining when I returned to our hotel and had lunch. The rain keeps things cool BUT then the red mud is everywhere, it's a trade off for sure.

Appreciate your prayers for tomorrow for the Women's Conference.  


That none would be lost, 
Arlene


No comments:

Post a Comment