Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1

Ministry Partners,
Breakfast in the garden for the team, it's such a calm sweet way to start the day for the IRM team. A great way to discuss the upcoming events  of the day so everyone is on the same page. I would have liked to have stuck my finger in the "time clock" and just stopped time for awhile. At home I have breakfast alone so these special mornings in the garden with my IRM family are so very precious.

I woke way early so I began the final packing of supplies to be stored at Alfred's home and the things to take to Kenya and then home to America.

Alfred and I worked on all the final financial stuff then he and Aaron were off to town to get our report of prison ministry printed so we can give a copy to the officials at our farewell/thank you dinner tonight. 

I wrote out Appreciation Certificates and thank you notes to everyone who will be at the dinner but I am sad that some could not make it. Then it started about 1:30 ..... RAIN and thunder. Please know I am not exaggerating, it's like standing under a fireman's hose and it continued for about 2 hours. I am thankful I am inside but my heart goes out to the roadside vendors. It is just a reminder to give Gd praise for holding back this kind of rain while we were doing prison ministry in the open. Thank you Jesus!

By 1:30 I was all done except for zipping up the suitcases.Time for a peanut butter sandwich and start working on this blog.


My devotional today from, "His Princess" - 

Gifts
My Daughter,

I have given you the gift of eternal life, but My giving does not stop there. Inside of you is a supernatural surprise--a gift that is waiting to be unwrapped... by you. Yes, it’s there. It’s hidden behind dreams waiting to be pursued. Swallowed up by daily distractions and drowned by disappointment. Let Me help you clear out the clutter and find your gift. You’ll find it in that place in life that brings you the greatest joy, that place where your soul longs to be, that work your hands love to do. But this gift that I’ve given to you is not just for you. I have blessed you to be a blessing to others. When you find your gift, I will take it and multiply it beyond what you could ever imagine. So ask Me, and I will help you open your gift so that you can give it away to the world--not to impress--but to bless.

Love,
Your King and the Giver of every good and perfect gift

Each of you has been blessed with one of God’s many wonderful gifts to be used in the service of others. So use your gift well. - 1 Peter 4:10 (CEV)

Frieda, the lady that cleans my room came for a visit and I found that she lost her father when she was 6 and her mother when she was 8. I try to speak into her 26 year old heart that she is special and loved as she says she never heard those words directed to her.

Tonight was our farewell dinner with those who could be there who are partners with IRM both Gov. officials and pastors.
Pastors Geoffrey, Gerald, Peace, Commissioner Elizabeth, Arlene,
Deputy Commissioner Apollo, Alfred & Pastor Aaron

 I won't write more tonight as it is 1 am and I need to be up at 6:30 to get ready to pack-up, load and leave for Kenya.

Please continue to pray for our safe travels.
That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment