Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8 .....



Ministry Partners,
Goodness, do I feel spoiled. Last night I had hot water for the second time and I made very good use of it, soaking my aching low back until the water was cool.

After breakfast, including 1 of the 3 pineapples Alfred purchased for us last night, we headed to town to do errands. First on the list was to go to the Uganda Prison Services complex to meet with the Deputy Commissioner, Apollo. I cannot express how much I like this man and what a pleasure it is to work with him. We spent about an hour with him and were very pleased to be leaving with a document approving us to enter 14 prisons. He told us he wanted to accompany us to a couple of the prisons to which we said great and he laughed when I told him that he just wanted to check me out and see that I was teaching the correct things.
Deputy Commissioner Apollo & Arlene
Alfred very wisely emailed CeCe, the printer, the soft copy of our Ugandan and Kenyan Discipleship Booklet soft copies about two weeks before we came so there was no delay for us or rush for them. They were printed and ready for us today.

Then it was off to the Uganda Bible Society where we spoke with Daniel who I have been emailing with. We showed him the Certificate of Credit for the Bibles I ordered and he asked us to come back tomorrow so he could have his staff pull the Bibles and have them ready for pickup at 9.  We will be there at 9 with a truck. 

Alfred was hosting the IRM Rwanda pastors and the group from Kenya at his home so we stopped there to have a meal about 2:30. We had a great visit and showed them the equipment donated to us by the Jesus Film Project and then showed the film. We had hoped to show it in the village but there was not time to get the solar panel up to get things charged. We were all impressed with the quality of the equipment and God’s provision of it. It was very difficult to say goodbye to Kenyan group who will leave in the morning and the Rwandan group who Pastor Geoffrey will take to catch their bus that leaves at 11 tonight.  

Thaaattt's all folks ........ for tonight anyway.

That none should be lost,
Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates and glad your trip is going well. We're having nice warm weather here finally. Megan and I enjoyed lilac gardens in Woodland,WA on Sat on a sun filled and breezy day. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete