Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 17

Ministry Partners,
Today we started with a very late breakfast for us, 9am. and waking to the heavy downfall of cooling rain felt good as I listened from my bed.
I am still not improving and sleep alluded me last night with a fever and my abdomen so swollen and sore from the inside out. Even with the screened window next to me open for cool air and a rotating fan facing my bed it I was suffocating hot. I was thankful that I did get some brief "naps between 2 and 6. I know rest and sleep is essential but not quite sure how to accomplish it at night especially.

Alfred is watching me closely and asking the lady missionary who oversees this place with her husband about the clinic they use. He wanted me to rest today while he and Aaron catch up reports and paperwork and then along with Bishop Geoffrey, who arrived late last night worked on getting preparations in order for our heavy schedule of ministry for the next number of days. I am to speak at a men's and also at a women's prison tomorrow.  Aaron also took the van to be cleaned inside and out and to by more batteries. My headset uses a 9V every time I speak and the guys handheld mics us AA's so as much for as long speaking that we do .... we use lots of batteries.

Pastor Geoffrey left Kampala in a large pick-up the same day we did but earlier with the few bibles, booklets and ect. that needed to go to each prison. They would not all fit in our van and it was so nice to have the ready and waiting for us when we arrived. He is preparing to go to Australia where his wife is a student so we will miss him next year.

Tonight we met with Pastor Gerald for the International School of Christian Growth where I spoke at their graduation last year. The college planted a church here in Gulu so he is very familiar with the area and he and Pastor Peace who graduated last year and has her own church (2 services) in Kampala have been around the area here for a few day preparing for on open air crusade. He asked me last year when I was here if I came back would I partner with them in such a crusade and I said of course. So here we are!!!

I forgot to tell you that on the way here we passed a whole large family of baboons and monkeys. The my look "cute" but they are so dangerous. I will tell you the story when I get home but here is a photo of one.
He may look cute but he is very dangerous
Following dinner with Pastor Gerald and his friend, Kenneth, we were all preparing to go to the village crusade that started Monday to show the Jesus film but it poured and beat down rain that they just left to go see the if the possibility still existed to show it. It's almost 8 o'clock and I have make an Executive decision for Arlene. I would finish this blog, take a hot bath and go to bed!!!!! The guys can go if they choose.

I will be doing two crusades tomorrow and THREE the next day/night so I need to start doing all I can to rest and I just started a new regamend of medication today. I am so praying things for me will began to turn around.  But there are times when a person just has to laugh out loud like I did this morning. On top of everything else going on with me this morning I discovered I was getting a fever blister on my lip, like I have only had one of those maybe 5 times in my whole life but today it was added to my mountain of health issues, glad medication for it was in my stash of medical supplies.

That's it for today. I am blessed by your continuing prayers for me and this ministry.
Pray for:
  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • God's wisdom for us in the remaining days
  • Health for the team and me
That none would be lost,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your updates. Baboon photo is nice. Yep they're mean. Waiting to hear the story. Have a blessed day and keep up the healing and get some sweet sleep tonight. Hugs and prayers, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your courage to keep on going and to laugh at your cold sore. ☺ You remind me how good God is because you're still trusting Him that He's in charge.Mary Case

    ReplyDelete