Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22

Ministry Partners,

I had the opportunity this morning to sleep in as Alfred ordered breakfast for the team at 9 but wouldn't you know it I awake at 6!!!! 

After breakfast I stayed at home base to pack for the next 4 days. We will actually return to Kampala tomorrow after only one night away but will leave again the next morning so it was just easier to pack for all for instead of 1 and then 3. It is 1pm here and I am all ready so as soon as the guys return we ill load up and be off. The plan is to get to Masaka before dark.
Roadside venders sell mangoes to Pastor Aaron

Alfred is in town with Aaron to see if they can get our Sim card registered so I can once again use my Mobil Hot Spot. It has been so nice to not have to depend on the weak internet in this hotel or other places we stay and I can have my own WiFi whenever I can find time to post on this blog. Mike from New Life picked it out for me last year but we had  bit of trouble last year with the carrier we used, this year has been great.


It was late and dark when we finally arrived at the lodge where we stayed for the night. We have stayed here before and Alfred always dickers and gets us a GOOD price.
After having no appetite with the Malaria I had tonight I was hungry and had a nice meal of stir-fry, salad and young potatoes. It was good and especially the yummy cucumber salad. Pastor Geoffrey said he did not like cucumbers so I was very happy he gave me his salad.
This has been a lovely and quiet place when we have stayed here before but tonight there is also a large group of young people here and they are up past midnight being loud and doing what teenagers do.
So with earplugs in I will say good night.
That none would be lost,
Arlene


2 comments:

  1. So good to hear you are recuperating. We are continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy, I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete