Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May 15

Copied from fb.
Ministry Partners,
I am not well enough to write with photos on the blog and so I will just write here.
Today was a day filled with God's grace covering me. I thinks some things I write here will make you smile but others will make you cry as I did. After the issues I had yesterday and the way my appearance was Alfred and Aaron both admitted they had concerns about how I would do today. I am still quite disorientated, my equilibrium is off, I have no appetite even for the pineapple I love and I am having intestinal issues. I am so thankful for the way both my boys look after me and the medical knowledge Alfred has.
Last night I so did not want to eat when we got to our place of lodging but but I knew better than to get into a discussion with Alfred after I say the stern look in his eyes. This morning I actually wanted to eat a little something for the first time in days.
We arrived at the prison and was delayed for about an hour as we waited to see the OC but once we did that he quickly got things in order. This prison has a maximum security men's side of about 1,600 and a completely separate women's prison of 135 on the same property. We set up overlooking a huge courtyard and started the men's crusade but at one point I had to sit down when a few minutes later rain drops began to fall so the men scattered and began to enter the large chapel. Then as I stood up I knew I was in trouble and I whispered to Alfred, "I need to go to the closest bathroom NOW!" He got me to one and as we came back it was evident the men never realized my absence as they were taking some time entering the chapel.
 The crusade got briefly rained out to save me from considerable embarrassment. So very many received Christ and chose to forgive. It was a blessing for to see that the Enemy had not succeeded in keeping these men from finding the Savior.
As we were preparing to lease one of the inmates appeared before me with his coat in his hands and he said, "Today I am a child of God and I have nothing to give you in return but my jacket." The Holy Spirit told me exactly how to respond as I received the jack from him. I said, Thank you so much, you are very generous. Since this is now my jacket may I give it to the person of my choosing. He said yes as I leaned forward and said to him, "Then I choose to give it to you," all the while also placing a bible set in his hands. He and I both wept together.
Then we were off to the women's prison where we were immediately welcomed by the deputy O.C.and began to set up in a open grassy area. The O.C.came and listened to the entire crusade where almost all received Christ and prayed the Forgiveness prayer. There were a few from another religious group that sat at the edge of the main group and the leader was the first one to eagerly hold up her hands to receive a Bible set. I had told the ladies in the beginning that I was dealing with Malaria and I might have to sit down, which I did.
The ladies said they had nothing to give me in return for coming BUT they would pray for me. I felt let to share with them about my tumor issue and then an AMAZING thing happened as one prisoner came up and grabbed my hand another came and grabbed my feet and was weeping and the O.C, stood behind be with her hands on my head. All the women were praying, their voices were like the sound of angles, I wept too. When they finished I told them they had given be the most priceless gift by praying for me.
As we left a few of the women went to the gate with me and I was sure one forgot where she was as she spoke to me as if I were leaving her village home. She said, Oh, can't you please stay the night!" ....... I AM SO BLESSED TO BE HERE.
I appreciate your continued prayers for open hearts for the Gospel tomorrow, we will be doing two crusades again and for my health. I know this has been long but with my memory issues I just wanted to get the events of this day down in writing so I NEVER forget God's goodness to me today.
Thank you for loving me and being my prayer warriors.
That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment