Tuesday, May 9, 2017

May 9 .... A day of preparations



Ministry Partners,
It was an unusually quiet night here but I still woke at 5 thinking about tasks that need to be accomplished before we start doing ministry tomorrow in our first prison. The rooster outside didn’t give his wake-up call until about 7 so I missed an opportunity to sleep in.

After breakfast Alfred and Aaron headed to town with first stop being at the Uganda Bible Society where they rented a truck to deliver the Bibles to our storeroom here. Then it was off to The Deputy Commissioner Apollo’s office to pick up a new permission to enter prison letter as he has decided to give us an additional prison to visit. YAHOO!!! 
Thank you Jesus for your provision and that you have allowed us to find such favor with these prison officials.

While they were in town I made repairs to our sound system as the roller wheels needed to be replaced. The local men thought it funny that a woman not only knew what a Phillips screwdriver was but that I knew how to use it.
I worked on some paperwork but stopped when Alfred called about the additions to our prison entrances. I will redo everything when he returns with the new approval letter.

As one project finishes or is stopped another one begins. For me that was sorting supplies and getting like supplies in the same bag. Yikes, 5 large suitcases and a sound system (being charged for tomorrow) in this small room is a bit much but I am thankful for a good size bed to sort on.

The truck from the Bible Society arrived with some young men to unload those precious copies of God’s printed word. We purchased Luganda, English and Acholi for a particular area of Uganda that we will be ministering in. They did not have any Swahili for us to take to Kenya so we will get those there.
47 cases + 17 Luganda Bibles to be divided for 15 prisons
THANK YOU to each one of you that sent us here and that contributed to this project. 

The solar panel for the Jesus Film is charging the energy pack from outside my open window. The sun is bright and hot but I see clouds again so that means more rain is coming, usually a downpour not a sprinkle. I hoped I had left the rain in Oregon but no! 

The guys finally arrived after completing their errands and fighting traffic. After discussing plans for tomorrow we noticed it was after 8:30 and no one had eaten so it was Samosas and African tea. Then it was a bath for me and off to bed.

Pray for open hearts for the Gospel tomorrow as we visit our first prison.


That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Wow you had a busy day, Arlene. What's a samosa? Sandwich? I was thinking samoa as in girl scout cookies when I first saw samosa. Teehee!! I need to remember next time to send money for bibles. I always that excerpt for one year. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete