Monday, May 29, 2017

May 29

Ministry Partners,
Today was a day to start preparations to close down our ministry time here in Uganda and prepare to go to Kenya.

After breakfast Aaron went to town to meet with the owner of the van we have rented for our time here in Uganda and for while we are in Kenya. It appears when we had the tire blow out a few days ago it also damaged the rim as well as the new tire we put on it. Aaron found out today that there will be an additional cost of $200 to us for a new rim. 

It has been interesting the "things" that have happened to us/our vehicle since we finished ministry at the 17 prisons we went too. At every turn we could see how God protected us through and during the numerous trouble with our vehicle, never were we stranded way out in a deserted area, one that would have been dangerous for us. Even Alfred commented today that due to the attacks it has become a year like never before. If God brings me back next year I will dedicate some funds for "emergency use", just in case!

I packed the supplies for the Women's Conference that I will be speaking at on Wednesday at Bishop John Kamanzi's Foursquare Church here in Kampala. Please be praying for me as I will be speaking for about 5 hours straight. 

Alfred is busy working on the report we will turn in to Commissioner Elizabeth and Deputy Commissioner Apollo from the Uganda Prison Services. Alfred writes about each of the 17 prisons we went to, the events while we were there as well as including a photo of me and the O.C.. We have done one every year that we have done ministry here. Commissioner Elizabeth said it spoke well of us to return a report to them without being asked.
I wish I had had time to share the Gospel with this blind man
This afternoon I was sorting photos and found this one of a blind man in one of the very busy and noisy trading centers we stopped at to buy roasted goat. The coins we gave him were not much but I hope they helped. 

After having the traditional IRM peanut butter and jelly sandwich I treated myself to an unheard of 2 hour nap, goodness, I must have been more tired than I thought!

Dinner for me was "spaghetti" African style with french beans on the side and the guys ate local food, goat stew and mitokie (?) and we all had wonderful pineapple for desert. 

Hard to believe I will be in bed by 9:30 tonight. 

Thank you for your continuing prayers. Blessings to you each one.

That  none would be lost,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to stay up to date with your blog posts. I am glad God has merciful to you in many ways in this section of your trip. Prayers do help as evidenced in your posts. Thanks for sharing and God continue to bless you and keep you safe in the coming day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means so much to us, me, to get your comments. Thanks for taking the time to encourage us. Blessings dear

    ReplyDelete