Monday, August 17, 2015

Aug. 17

Ministry Partners,

It's hard to believe that I have been home for two week but my busy schedule tells me that it is a fact.

I have not had time to fully process all the aspects of the trip but I find that as I am sorting some of the 4,000+ photos from the trip that they remind me just a few of the miracles I watched the Holy Spirit orchestrate every day and that is not an exaggeration it is a fact. 
A beautiful new friend from the women's conference
Every trip we say it could not get better but every year we watch God do the impossible over and over again as He opens doors no man can shut and this year was just another example.

It began when the trip was first announced and he provided just the right team member in Chad. IRM and I have been so blessed to have Africans and Americans work with us who have a servants heart and see the value in what God has called all of us to be a part of in the Great Lakes Region of Africa.

Of course I knew we would watch God do great things as the attacks from the enemy to get my focus in the ditch continued until my time of departure but I learned some time ago to use each "attack" as an opportunity to give God praise for His control, goodness and faithfulness. Upon arriving in Rwanda we discovered that our Rwandan partners were also dealing with attacks from the enemy.

The teams could only praise and worship God as we watched the Holy Spirit bring 1,000's to saving knowledge in Jesus Christ, more that any other trip and the same was true with those who chose to "forgive others or themselves". The powerful teaching on forgiveness is important for everyone but I find it is very difficult for some people to extend forgiveness to others although they claim God's forgiveness for themselves. Our time in Africa gave the Holy Spirit the opportunity to work in the hearts of villagers, prisoners, officials and team members.
 

Scripture teaches that salvation is all God's work. Those who believe are saved utterly apart from any effort on their own (Titus 3:5). Even faith is a gift of God, not a work of man (Eph. 2:1-5,8).


I remain thankful for IRM's wonderful American partners who continue to support this ministry with their prayers and financial support who supplied the $64,500 needed for our Africa fiscal year budget, ministry trip budget and Africa Bible Project.
 "THANK YOU"
 
I will have my new power point presentation ready for viewing in a couple of weeks. If you have not already contacted me for a showing or you would like to receive my newsletter just email me at:
arlene.tatum@gmail.com with Africa presentation in the subject line

As far as a 2016 ministry trip to Africa ........... I plan on following God's leading, as I do each year, and wait for Him to open the door but in that vane please pray for God's perfect will to be revealed and wisdom for the IRM leadership.
Bye for now

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment