Tuesday, June 14, 2022

June 14 - A journey much different than I expected

Although I knew there would be changes I never dreamed this trip would be one for the books! The following is what I sent to some of my prayer warriors. 

1. Starting off with a rough first leg, my low back was killing me so I had to use my Tens unit all the way and fighting a bad headache all the way to Newark . I felt like I was breathing something in the air that my body did not like. They did give us a cookie and something to drink during the 5 hours. I did not have to pay since I was not drinking booze. I must admit I was glad to get off the plane. Now I have a 4 hour wait for my flight to Belgium. Everything is just proof that we are going to see God do great things. 

2. Pray for me. It keeps getting worse with flight delayed taking off. I am still in New Jersey and not sure at this point if I will make connecting flight. They took the seat I paid for so I was not in preferred seating for extra leg room and took my isle seat. So I will have to climb over someone every time I need to use the restroom. Yep, God has some great things planned.

3. On the plane but the captain just came on and said it looked like a luggage carrier ran in to the cargo door and they are trying to see how to fix it, it might take another 1 to 1-1/2 hours. So much for my connecting flight. I will keep you informed, not sure when I will get there
* So far they tell us that I will arrive in Belgium an hour after my connecting flight takes off. New report, now they are having us get off this plane.
* Starting to re-board I guess I'm spending the night or two in the Brussels airport as they said the next flight to Entebbe is Thursday if I heard correctly. Jesus goes before me!!!

* Not sure what the issue is but we have not left for Brussels yet
* We are delayed again, now until 10
* It is now about 11pm and we are still on the ground they are inspecting the plane

I’m so exhausted that I am trying hard not to break out in tears. Even though I paid for extended seating on all flights these ate attendents say no also whatever seat they give me is what it is and not an isle seat. They told me I coud ask United for a refund!!!

4. I have arrived in Frankfurt now for a 7 hr. layover and then I will be headed to Addis Ababa on a 7 hour flight fillowed by a 10 hour layover. The gals that sat in my row on the plane are a group of 16 that will be working in Gulu in Northern Uganda. What a great group and they have welcomed me in so I don't feel alone. God's blessing to me for sure.

5. They say it is then a 2 hr.. flight to Entebbe tomorrow arriving at 5:50 pm.

Yes indeed, I will miss ny scheduled meeting with the Commissioner of Prisons tomorrow morning.his is my 18 trip and never before has there been these disruptions or delays. I know my Savior has a plan for me in all of this but I am a bit weary. I jst keep remnding myself that we are going to see God work in a most powerful way.

He has called me and the team and he goes before and behind us for His eternal purpose even when I don't understand I know he is faithful and that I can trust him in every circumstance.

I appreciate your prayers for me.

That none would be lost.

Arlene

 


1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you along your journey. Thank you for your open hands as you serve our Lord. Praying that He relieves your pain and fills you up to overflowing. I can't wait to see your updates and magnify the Lord with you for all He does! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete